Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Cell C Titan android 7.0 device roaming Disables itself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Cell C Titan android 7.0 device roaming Disables itself

Hi I purchased a new Cell C Titan android 7.0 handset and it refuses to roam ,I contacted the technical service department and was given APN settings to put in,after installing them I still have no data only 2G Cell C as there is no 3G Cell C in Ngodwana .What happens is the Handset roams on Vodacom and you can make calls but the moment you switch on 'Data Roaming" on the device it automatically turns the switch off again the moment you leave the screen , as soon as you select Vodacom the Data connection seems to come on for a second as you see the arrows next to the signal bars flash but then it turns off .

After doing the set up with the lady from Technical support I was told the device was faulty as the switch for data roaming turns off and that I should return the device for another handset so I have done this and now I have the same problem on the new handset there is no roaming it just turns Data roaming off by itself after it connects to Vodacom.

The device is the second new one I have received ,I watched it being taken from a sealed box and it still has the problem I really don't think two devices can be faulty

I have used the same new Sim card in one of my other Devices and it roams immediately with the same settings I was given by technical support

any Ideas ?

thanks
    Garry
    Last edited by Garry Austin; 11-07-2018 at 01:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Austin View Post
    Hi I purchased a new Cell C Titan android 7.0 handset and it refuses to roam ,I contacted the technical service department and was given APN settings to put in,after installing them I still have no data only 2G Cell C as there is no 3G Cell C in Ngodwana .What happens is the Handset roams on Vodacom and you can make calls but the moment you switch on 'Data Roaming" on the device it automatically turns the switch off again the moment you leave the screen , as soon as you select Vodacom the Data connection seems to come on for a second as you see the arrows next to the signal bars flash but then it turns off .

After doing the set up with the lady from Technical support I was told the device was faulty as the switch for data roaming turns off and that I should return the device for another handset so I have done this and now I have the same problem on the new handset there is no roaming it just turns Data roaming off by itself after it connects to Vodacom.

The device is the second new one I have received ,I watched it being taken from a sealed box and it still has the problem I really don't think two devices can be faulty

I have used the same new Sim card in one of my other Devices and it roams immediately with the same settings I was given by technical support

any Ideas ?

thanks
    Garry
    Hi Garry Austin

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We would recommend that you return the device to the Point of Sale.

^MP

MyBB Legend
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And then? Give him another dud?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was phoned by Cell c and they took my sims number and told they would contact me with information if this device can roam on data.I really can't see this phone also being faulty although it's a cheap device it's actually very good there must be something that can be done with software or the Apn it would not have menus on the phone if it wasn't a function.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Garry Austin

Please PM us your details, we will get one of technicians to look into the issues and provide you with feedback.

^NS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi as you can read above I have already been contacted today by Cell C again after contacting Cell c I was told the technical department would be contacted to confirm if this device can roam on data I supplied all contact details but I was never called back and given feedback

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi as you can read above I have already been contacted today by Cell C again after contacting Cell c I was told the technical department would be contacted to confirm if this device can roam on data I supplied all contact details but I was never called back and given feedback
    Hi Garry Austin

The query that you had raised in the PM has been received by our team.

Our team will get in touch with you.

^MP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    Hi Garry Austin

The query that you had raised in the PM has been received by our team.

Our team will get in touch with you.

^MP
    Thank you for the feedback

I appreciate it please send me my reference number as requested then I have a reference regarding the feedback you gave me about the IT department being aware of the roaming issue on these devices and the logs being sent to the chip manufacturer .

thanks

Garry
    Last edited by Garry Austin; 12-07-2018 at 01:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the feedback

I appreciate it please send me my reference number as requested then I have a reference regarding the feedback you gave me about the IT department being aware of the roaming issue on these devices and the logs being sent to the chip manufacturer .

thanks

Garry
    Thank you

I just received a case number

Garry
    Last edited by Garry Austin; 12-07-2018 at 01:41 PM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread