Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Hijacking Whatsapp and how to prevent it

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JetsetWilly View Post
    Thieves take on many forms. Some will milk your phone for as much as they can before they sell it on... including identity theft. They can easily get access to your active contacts by simply waiting for that contact to reach out first. Its only when you realise the person you're chatting with doesn't appear to know some key details that it looks suspicious. Once they have hijacked WA they can wipe the phone and sell it on. They may only have temporary access to your WA but that is all they need to try scam your contacts. The real risk though is people who know you or know of you and target you. Sure it won't affect most people but there will always be people more at risk for various reasons. School kids for example may be at greater risk - you don't choose your schoolmates.
    If you are on the radar, they target you and all people who were in contact with you. Then they analyze a group how they interract each other.

It is very scary what I tell you now. I am in contact with a person who is on the constant radar of international spies. When I speak to a person on the cellular phone or a regular VoIP connection, in the critical moment the call becomes distorted forcing me to diconnect. When I try again, I do recognise that I don't speak to the same person! The voice sound similar, while not identical to the details, it is more harsh, less detailed, like a voice were artificially imitated. The person knows what we were talking a moment ago, but reactions do not match characteristic of the person. Emotions are handled differently in particular.

This person is also using Viber, the app featured first-grade encryption like Whatsapp. Everything is identical to the above, with only one difference which explain a lot. After reconnecting, the fake person on the other side is not aware what were were talking just a moment ago, and is trying to pull this information from me again. Interesting?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Farquart View Post
    The childish way he carries on here
    Irony is lost on some.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    It's an application Facebook use for serving you targeted advertising based on the contents of your conversations.
    Thanks. I don't do Facebook, so I guess that I'm OK.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456