Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Online-only Campain 100GB all networks data and other woes

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Online-only Campain 100GB all networks data and other woes

During December and January was a nice deal:

Smart Internet 500MB contract R99p/m with extras:
    - Huawei E5573 MiFi router
    - 5GB Telkom data p/m
    - 10GB Telkom night data
    - 100GB All network data once-off valid for 365 days (only when ordered online)

I ordered this on the beginning of January, but the package was sent to the wrong address and subsequently returned to Telkom. I can't blame anybody in person for this, but the fault was on their system. They took our proper delivery address from the Website, but found a matching customer on the landline subscription and assigned this address for delivery. It was wrong, as Telkom landline hasn't been transfered to the new address at the moment.

Telkom eventually corrected mistake and I received a package in February. Unfortunately 100GB was missing. I lodged complain and enquired many times, never received any feedback. Finally in May I got to the attendant who pushed the matter forward and on the beginning of this month I received 100GB.

Winning? Not with Telkom! Now this 100GB all networks data valid for 365 days is being depleted on the Telkom connection, and all other bundles are untouched!

In this situation I can't afford waiting another 6 months to rectify a problem, while all networks bundle is wasted. Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes unfortunately I have noticed this issue too. Any all net bundle that gets loaded will deplete first even if you have a telkom only bundle and on the Telkom network.

I noticed it with my uncapped lte deal when I needed roaming data and then when I was back on the telkom network the all net data has been depleted then it switched back to the "unlimited" telkom data.

I tried getging it sorted but it's super super hard to deal with first line support that only wants you to change the apn and restart the router the whole time.

It's really frustrating.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was hoping that new month and new data allocation will change the order, but there is no change at all. No other data bundle is consumed, only this 10GGB/365days for all networks.

Will be lodging another complaint, hoping that Telkom will restore services and I can access help centre.
    "We own South Africa but State Capture is a problem as Zuma has friends and no-one belong to our family."

+ Reply to Thread