Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Rain spend limit auto increase

  1. #1
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Lv255
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Rain spend limit auto increase

    So since from day one, I set my spend limit to R50 on my rain dashboard.
    Yesterday during peak time, I decided to use my sim to browse around some stuff (my Telkom Mobile connection was acting up), so I used it knowing that I won't use more than R50 worth of data

    So right now I just decided to check my dashboard and this is what I get :

    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  31.1 KB

    Is this an error on their website, or is that when you get to your spend limit it automatically gets increase?

  2. #2
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @The_Summoner



    Nevermind i had a look now on mine as well and it doesnt make sense. my spend limit is all of sudden on R500
    Last edited by jls_n; 21-07-2018 at 11:55 AM.

  3. #3
    Super Grandmaster cavedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    10,448
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looks like Rain is not capping the simcard and instead is increasing the spend limit automatically...

    What the hell.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cavedog View Post

    What the hell.

    Noticed this a few days back, but every night after 12am the dashboard starts showing weird results.
    Almost like some newb programmer is trying out shyte on live system

    They haven't got a leg to stand on.
    Sure they might debit you, but after everyone complains and threatens to have amounts reversed they'll soon wake up.

    More concerning is that data usage is only updated once a day...after midnight.
    Wonder why? Don't.
    Best interests of RAIN for all the clueless and oblivious clients...
    Last edited by MirageF1; 21-07-2018 at 05:03 PM.

  5. #5
    Super Grandmaster cavedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    10,448
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MirageF1 View Post
    Noticed this a few days back, but every night after 12am the dashboard starts showing weird results.
    Almost like some newb programmer is trying out shyte on live system

    They haven't got a leg to stand on.
    Sure they might debit you, but after everyone complains and threatens to have amounts reversed they'll soon wake up.

    More concerning is that data usage is only updated once a day...after midnight.
    Wonder why? Don't.
    Best interests of RAIN for all the clueless and oblivious clients...
    It is very concerning because it means you don't actually have a cap and you can use like 5gb with a R50 spend limit just to find that after midnight the usage is updated and your balance is suddenly R250 when you had a R50 spend limit set.

  6. #6
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Lv255
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I dropped them a mail, just gonna wait and see what they say.
    If the spend limit is gonna be auto increased then that just defeats the purpose of having it in the first place

    And to be honest if I set my spend limit to R50 and find out at the end of the month that I'm charged more than that I am gonna reverse the debit. Hope they sort this out

  7. #7
    Super Grandmaster cavedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    10,448
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Summoner View Post
    I dropped them a mail, just gonna wait and see what they say.
    If the spend limit is gonna be auto increased then that just defeats the purpose of having it in the first place

    And to be honest if I set my spend limit to R50 and find out at the end of the month that I'm charged more than that I am gonna reverse the debit. Hope they sort this out
    I also set my spend limit and if that gets increased I will also reverse the debit. I set the limit to control my spend so I don't end up with a R1000 debt. I want to use it for low usage backup account with the uncapped bolt on because I have my Telkom uncapped LTE. I don't need a R1000 Rain bill because if their stupid control panel...

    Would be nice to know what @rpm is experiencing.

  8. #8
    Super Grandmaster Johnatan56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    18,150
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBadger View Post
    Welcome to life. It's your life. Do what you want.
    http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6723240596
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/6964814583

  9. #9
    Member Jintong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Summoner View Post
    So since from day one, I set my spend limit to R50 on my rain dashboard.
    Yesterday during peak time, I decided to use my sim to browse around some stuff (my Telkom Mobile connection was acting up), so I used it knowing that I won't use more than R50 worth of data

    So right now I just decided to check my dashboard and this is what I get :

    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  31.1 KB

    Is this an error on their website, or is that when you get to your spend limit it automatically gets increase?
    ALSO noticing the same thing my spend limit was R50 now all of a sudden it's 100 on two of my SIM cards what the hell now rain is trying to rip people off now

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    433
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My Dad had the same problem and he can't set his spend limit. It jumped to R1000 limit

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Seems like they fixed it now or as I mentioned last night, I think their dashboard is a work in progress - real time!

    All of this should really have been tested before go live RAIN!

    Now sort out the real time data updating..or at least every 30 mins or so...!!

    Name:  Firefox_Screenshot_2018-07-22T05-26-28.169Z.png
Views: 156
Size:  68.3 KB

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    kzn
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cavedog View Post
    Looks like Rain is not capping the simcard and instead is increasing the spend limit automatically...

    What the hell.
    Thats why mine is sitting on one of those pool pump timers - no electricity during peaks times.

  13. #13
    Member Jintong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also why can I add uncapped when i set my limit to R50 I must set it to 300 first

  14. #14
    Super Grandmaster Dan C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Beacon Bay (EL)
    Posts
    16,026
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mine is still fine

    Name:  still fine.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  18.1 KB
    I never apologise. I’m sorry, that’s just the way I am.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Make sure to turn on your Rain Mobile spend limit
    By Newsfeed in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 17-07-2018, 08:41 AM
  2. Rain Spend limit shocker
    By justmaimane in forum Rain LTE-A and Mobile Data
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-07-2018, 05:03 PM
  3. FNB Credit Card limit increase
    By AirWolf in forum Health, Wealth, Leisure and Relationships
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-05-2018, 09:01 AM
  4. RAIN LTE: not for large amounts of devices (ip connection limit)
    By Leno in forum Rain LTE-A and Mobile Data
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-09-2017, 04:37 PM
  5. To the Telkom rep about the increased mobile spend limit.
    By Kilgore_Trout_Redux in forum Telkom Mobile Data
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-06-2015, 05:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •