Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Telkom Mobile Contracts Timeframes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Telkom Mobile Contracts Timeframes

Goodday all.

Both my wife and I are on a Free me 2 gig packages. Both upgraded in November 2016, two days apart.

She is due for an upgrade now in August 2018 but I have to wait till November 2018. This will be a full 24 months after the last upgrade and then they say I can only cancel one month before February 2019. This will be a total 26 month contract.

Am I right in saying its breach of contract? Ive tied to get proper answers from Telkom but i can only reach the call center and then the escalations are just canceled without being notified. Then I have to start all over again.

I tried going the ICASA way, its been 4 weeks and no response. Ive contacted the Consumer affairs in JHB but they said it could take up to 60 days to get an answer.

Anybody here that might know a better route to get this problem resolved?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just make sure you have the correct dates as telkom offers upgrades on contracts 2 months prior (22nd month) from the end date of the contract. So there is still 2 months on the prior contract to complete before your contract ends if you take an upgrade.

Also if you upgrade on the 22nd month then you have to complete the 2 months of the old contract, then wait another 22 months till you will be offered another upgrade on your new contract.

If it has been 24 months then you should be on a month to month contract which does have a month cancellation notice. But you should also be eligible for an upgrade.

Contact telkom and ask them how many months are left on your contracts or check on the online portal and it should clear things up for you.

+ Reply to Thread