Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Cannot access speedtest.mybroadband.co.za and www.speedtest.net

  1. #1
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Lv255
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Cannot access speedtest.mybroadband.co.za and www.speedtest.net

    Just tried doing a speedtest, and it seems I cannot access the MyBB Speedtest web home, and the Ookla speed test home. I'm on rain.
    Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

    It's weird because I can still access previous results on both MyBB speedtest and Ookla Speed Test.

    But for the homepages of both sites, im getting a connection failed error

  2. #2
    Master WAslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    853
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Summoner View Post
    Just tried doing a speedtest, and it seems I cannot access the MyBB Speedtest web home, and the Ookla speed test home. I'm on rain.
    Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

    It's weird because I can still access previous results on both MyBB speedtest and Ookla Speed Test.

    But for the homepages of both sites, im getting a connection failed error
    Out of curiosity, can you resolve DNS for those sites..? If not, switch DNS to Google and try again..
    Bleep bab beee boo ba beeebeee boo boda bab..

  3. #3
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Lv255
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WAslayer View Post
    Out of curiosity, can you resolve DNS for those sites..? If not, switch DNS to Google and try again..
    Nope. Can't resolve. Even with Google DNS
    Can someone on rain try to access these two sites, just to confirm if maybe I'm going mad

  4. #4
    Super Grandmaster Dan C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Beacon Bay (EL)
    Posts
    16,026
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Summoner View Post
    Nope. Can't resolve. Even with Google DNS
    Can someone on rain try to access these two sites, just to confirm if maybe I'm going mad
    https://speedtest.mybroadband.co.za/result/7835026

    http://www.speedtest.net/result/7533400615.png

    Bit slow tonight
    I never apologise. Iím sorry, thatís just the way I am.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Something still seems to be wonky... I have intermittent connectivity... Anyone else experiencing this?

  6. #6
    Super Grandmaster Drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Vereeniging
    Posts
    15,763
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The thing with RAIN is, it's not constant. it comes and goes, just like the real thing.
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

  7. #7
    Super Grandmaster Drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Vereeniging
    Posts
    15,763
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The thing with RAIN, is it's not constant. it comes and goes, just like the real thing.
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. MyBroadband Speedtest Congested
    By Nardeth in forum Networking and Security
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-05-2018, 08:45 AM
  2. Deconstructing MyBroadband's Speedtest system
    By Waylander in forum Networking and Security
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 29-01-2018, 05:33 PM
  3. MyBroadBand Speedtest is broken?
    By Trellian in forum ADSL and VDSL Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-10-2017, 11:44 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-02-2013, 12:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •