Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Free Vista Ultimate Key

Default Free Vista Ultimate Key

Any one else get this from Microsoft:

Offer 1: The ULTIMATE OFFER
    Just go to your favorite retail or online store and purchase a standalone, full package Windows Vista Ultimate product, full or upgrade version, and we will match that with a second, complimentary Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade product key. We will honor a copy you purchased, and first activated, after December 1, 2007. Hurry! This offer expires on January 15, 2008.

To take advantage of this great offer, simply follow these steps:

Go to http://www.windowsvistaevalcomp.com.
    Sign in using the same Windows Live ID that you used to download the beta or release candidate versions of Windows Vista.
    Follow the instructions to locate the Product ID on the computer running the qualifying copy Windows Vista Ultimate that you recently purchased.
    Enter that Product ID into the online form.
    We will then provide you with a Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade key, so you can install Windows Vista Ultimate onto a second machine. (The second machine must have Windows XP or a version of Windows Vista already installed in order to upgrade)

Please note that this key is NOT for resale, although you may give it as a gift to a friend or colleague. Limit one complimentary key per person. Windows Vista Ultimate Academic and Student versions are not included in this promotion.

EDIT - posted the full 'offer'
    clicking the link reveals a server error.
    Last edited by adsl3g; 22-12-2007 at 05:52 PM.
    =================================

Ya I saw that. I think I'll pass though.

There was an earlier post on this but nobody has been able to provide any verifiable proof at this stage to either confirm or deny it so the O/P asked that it be removed.

BTW - A lookup on the domain (windowsvistaevalcomp.com) shows that the domain is hosted in India - kind of an odd decision for microsoft to make imo.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

I don't trust this at all
    4790K @ 4.6GHz, 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 32GB Vengeance DDR3-1866, Maximus VII Hero, 850 Pro 1TB, Corsair H115i, Corsair HX850i, CM Trooper, PG279Q + XL2420TE

Super Grandmaster

Looks a bit dodgy to me, especially since it doesn't point to a verified MS site.

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    There was an earlier post on this but nobody has been able to provide any verifiable proof at this stage to either confirm or deny it so the O/P asked that it be removed.

BTW - A lookup on the domain (windowsvistaevalcomp.com) shows that the domain is hosted in India - kind of an odd decision for microsoft to make imo.
    Isn't the packaging made in india??

Maybe its bad sales that making them do this.
    =================================

Super Grandmaster

Registrant:
    Cybage Software Pvt. Ltd
    West Avenue, Kalyani Nagar
    Pune, Maharashtra 411006
    IN

[email protected]
    +91.2066041700
    +91.2066041701

Domain Name: WINDOWSVISTAEVALCOMP.COM

Administrative & Technical Contact:
    Deepak Nathani
    Cybage Software Pvt. Ltd
    West Avenue, Kalyani Nagar
    Pune, Maharashtra 411006
    IN

[email protected]
    +91.2066041700
    +91.2066041701
    I bit of a con I reckon!
    One cannot make assertions about reality based on philosophy alone. ~ Coyne

Quote Originally Posted by rwenzori View Post
    I bit of a con I reckon!
    Yep, like I said, India. Seems a bit dubious.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Wonder if the site has been shut down by Microsoft...
    4790K @ 4.6GHz, 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 32GB Vengeance DDR3-1866, Maximus VII Hero, 850 Pro 1TB, Corsair H115i, Corsair HX850i, CM Trooper, PG279Q + XL2420TE

hmm, I googled this and there are many other discussions about this, but no one has an accurate answer. So, my question. in the mail it says:

All of these offers are available only to named recipients of this offer who participated in the Windows Vista Beta or Release Candidates through TechNet or MSDN. These offers are non-transferable and are limited to one each per person. See offer websites for specific rules.
    I know I NEVER participated in the BETA or RC of vista. I do have a MSDN subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by ZA_medic View Post
    hmm, I googled this and there are many other discussions about this, but no one has an accurate answer. So, my question. in the mail it says:

I know I NEVER participated in the BETA or RC of vista. I do have a MSDN subscription.
    If you never participated in the beta I think you can safely mark this as spam

Super Grandmaster

Its probably a scam to get your details. Would you trust it if it asked for your
    banking login details to say ... double up your balance for free?
    Neko-nyan dansu! by Harenchi Punch! MST3K. Hitler goes Kaput!. Fravia's SearchLores Shills, trolls & meow wars.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterCH View Post
    Its probably a scam to get your details. Would you trust it if it asked for your
    banking login details to say ... double up your balance for free?
    I wouldn't mind, but no...

Blog Entries

Microsoft can keep their [email protected] buggy Vista, I'll stick to XP.
    And considering I only recently bought a legal copy of XP, I'm going to get my monies worth haha.

Quote Originally Posted by gdiza View Post
    Microsoft can keep their [email protected] buggy Vista, I'll stick to XP.
    And considering I only recently bought a legal copy of XP, I'm going to get my monies worth haha.
    If I'm able to sort out the small problems I'm having with Windows Vista then I'll gladly use it full-time. But it's fixing these problems that's proving difficult...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast