Recent content by acidrain

  1. acidrain

    Worst news in over 12 months for braai lovers in South Africa

    Even more expensive when you consider that one person that comes with wors and leaves with all the other meat.
  2. acidrain

    Sunsynk + Home Assistant

    Been playing around with @Slip 's Power Flow Card as I have now got a very specific dashboard design layout that I am trying to stick to. Have an image showing power flow and then the stats alongside. Just getting the first design locked in, then going to look into the electrical routes...
  3. acidrain

    We taste-tested Pick n Pay’s new Dots Doughnuts against Krispy Kreme, Woolworths and others – and the winner was clear

    If you want proper fresh donuts, Food Lovers. Nothing better
  4. acidrain

    Home Assistant : Q&A, Tips & Tricks, Your Configs

    like many of us. 50% of the stuff on my home screen now doesn't even work nevermind it looking like ass
  5. acidrain

    All things Sunsynk (Deye, Inge, etc...)

    Wix generated site. Also on bizportal the name is reserved but not registered so unless Solarweb is a T/A name, the business does not exist. ... must be one big house
  6. acidrain

    R21 billion meant for the poor used to pay government salaries and tenders in South Africa

    It's one of those mysteries even I try to understand. Maybe one is not willing to sacrifice their lineage for a better life. On the plus side though, it does appear though that the trend is on a decline, nearing the replacement rate. Although SA probably needs a reduction in population given...
  7. acidrain

    Irrigation controller installation

    eish, well, you can just daisy chain those connectors any ways. it will be the easiest, I don't think I have ever seen those gel connectors any bigger than the blue one. A long term application that I would've done though is to join all the wires, solder it and then heat shrink but requires to...
  8. acidrain

    Irrigation controller installation

    Any specific reason you need those gel style connectors. I would assume your box is indoors so you should be able to use these style connectors that you can get at any builders. As for the ground, just daisy chain the connectors or use a way connector.
  9. acidrain

    Wifi Camera's to work with Home Assistant.

    The way I have it is Camera > Frigate > Frigate HA Intergration > Tailscale VPN for remote access. As for what camera brands, personally I would only stick with HikVision or Dahua. I run all dahua's at my house.
  10. acidrain

    Irrigation controller installation

    DIY it, really not that hard. 1x ESP32 board 5v Relay Module ( https://www.diyelectronics.co.za/store/electro-mechanical-relays/268-8-channel-5v-relay-module-10amp250v.html ) - Can get away with a 4 channel if controlling 1 pump and 3 valves 1x .24VAC PSU for valve power 1x 5VDC PSU for ESP32...
  11. acidrain

    Lawn Renovations

    Anyone have Berea Grass (LM grass) that can recommend a good plan to revive some sections that have suffered in winter. Do I just leave it and let the stolons regrow?
  12. acidrain

    Steven Bartlett sharing harmful health misinformation in Diary of CEO podcast

    I mean with the pricing of houses in cpt, I won't be surprised if someone bites. Just the other day I saw a house for sale in my area. Less erf than mine but almost twice the price.
  13. acidrain

    Home Network Help

    Personally sounds like one of two options: 1. You have devices on static IP's that the DHCP does not know about (reserved) so it is assigning it to another device thereby causing a conflict. 2. You have multiple DHCP servers running on the network. Does seem like the problem is somehow linked...
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X