Recent content by ajax

  1. A

    Cape Town woman stole R3.7 million from her employer using fake invoices with her own baking details

    What goes through the mind of such people. Do they really think they can get away with this? Or do they start "small". Maybe just a couple of thousand here and there, and then greed sets in?
  2. A

    My experience of Pi by MTN

    Sounds like your specific tower. Could try 4G only. I get better speeds, specifically for uploads on MTN where I am.
  3. A

    R52 billion upgrades for two of South Africa’s most important roads

    Intended on using the N3 over December holidays. Would you guys rather recommended a different route?
  4. A

    Rain and storm for Cpt pt 2

    Living in Stellenbosch for the good part of 2 decades. I have never put my AC on cooling in September. Last night was the 1st time.
  5. A

    MTN Black Friday Discussions

    Has your subscription charge changed much?
  6. A

    MTN Black Friday Discussions

    Signed up on 24 November 2025 for Mobile Internet Gold (12 months) Got an sms today that my subs expires 31 October and changes from R129.57 ex to R173.04 ex VAT. Technically I would still have almost a month left (until 24 November) at the lower subs, but for R44 I am not going to spend the...
  7. A

    MTN Black Friday Discussions

    Ruby, yes.
  8. A

    Cool Ideas Fixed 5G/4G Feedback Thread

    Had the same, up again.
  9. A

    Unlocked 5G SIM cards

    For 1 TB Vodacom you can try Smartcall.
  10. A

    Cool Ideas Fixed 5G/4G Feedback Thread

    I added my Cool Ideas MSISDN to my Vodapay app and the app does show usage. I looked at 1 to 4 September usage since my router is set to auto-zero on the 1st.
  11. A

    Cool Ideas Fixed 5G/4G Feedback Thread

    I am reading 27.7 GB on my ZTE MC801A and 22.8 GB on Vodapay.
  12. A

    MTN Black Friday Discussions

    Had the same with MTN. Did not have a contract with any network for about 15 years. Signed a sim only contract during Black Friday last year. Since then almost daily spam calls for new/more/better contracts. I will patiently wait until next BF to upgrade. In hindsight, it was a data contract. I...
  13. A

    Cool Ideas Fixed 5G/4G Feedback Thread

    Solid, yes. Stays connected for days on end, no hiccups. Feels like fibre.
  14. A

    MTN sure its streaming service will work this time

    Yeah, they can add my monthly subcription onto my tv license account.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X