Recent content by DavAfrica

  1. D

    Do you support the government restriction on exercise?

    Time restrictions are absurd. They create congestion and certainly are against social distancing, the primary objective of the lock down. Note that outside of Paris there are usually no specific time limits on exercise. My sister and brother-in-law who live near Nantes, France, have permission...
  2. D

    Which smartphone do you currently use?

    I don't want to be too accessible with a phone always in my pocket, so I have a Huawei Media Pad 2 8" tablet. This is my second tablet from Huawei, which has good specs for the price. If Trump doesn't like it, I want one!
  3. D

    Using an analogue phone with a VOIP service?

    I am considering signing up for VOIP at home. However, I am hesitant to spend R 3000 or so to buy two Yealink devices. The Grandstream HT802 has been recommended to allow me to support two of my existing analog phones with one line. We are very light users of voice communications, but I want...
  4. D

    The cheapest way to make a voice call in South Africa

    MyTello is an excellent way to make international voice calls. We have been using it for a year, trouble free, and the quality is great. As an example, the cost of a call from SA to the USA is US$0.01 per minute!! (I have no connection with the company.)
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X