I'll give that a try sometime this week. The normal Blueway dongle works just fine though.
Perhaps I'm being silly, I bought this rather pricey gadget, it should be Alfa Support's problem. Gonna see if they can help out.
Well, too soon to celebrate.
Neither Airmon nor iwconfig can set the card to monitor mode..
I either get that Terminal just hangs and does nothing.. or I get Operation Not Permitted.
Sigh... it would be so nice tot to have to boot up a VM every time I want to use it.
Nope, I've updated the OS and Upgraded it to the latest kernel. But no change. The driver is loaded, and shows in both VirtualBox and any USB listing, but is not recognized as a Network Adapter.
But.. THANK YOU REDDIT!
Found this... https://github.com/morrownr/8814au
Works like a charm! Gonna...
Good morning. That's the exact driver version that I'm running (8814). I'm not sure why Mint (Ubuntu) doesn't pick it up as a network controller. It is detected as a working USB device, which mounts just fine with the VMs.
The challenge at the moment is that I don't know what to google anymore
I'm at a loss here..
I've installed and re-installed the drivers for my new Alfa Card, but I cannot get Linux Mint to recognize it.
The drivers seem to be working, and the device is listed in lsusb with the proper name.
But I cannot see it under iwconfig, airmon-ng, or the Network Manager...
As someone who doesn't have parents that can advise me on life, business and career choices, I want to start a hangout / support group of sorts.
The idea is to create a group of people that offer variety in experience, different perspectives and a clear intent towards each other's best interest...
Hi guys, sorry for the late reply. I've had to use the manual work-around for a while.
Still haven't found the source of the problem, and I haven't found a permanent solution.
But I have found one step closer...
Running "systemctl restart systemd-resolved" after startup seems to fix the...
The live disk worked. Which at least gave me some comfort towards the hardware.
But I found where it all goes wrong.. I just have no idea why it goes wrong and why it suddenly started doing that yesterday.
In the etc/resolv.conf file the nameserver changes to 127.0.0.56. If I root edit that to...