Recent content by Gimli_

  1. G

    Ramaphosa to head new plan for state-owned companies in South Africa

    He centralises more and more power in his office. Fckng communist tendencies. He never built anything a day in his life, how would he know how to run anything, let alone a state owned enterprise. Everything he has was given to him by being in the right place at the right time, and sticking out...
  2. G

    New DStv packages and prices explained – with a dedicated sports package

    I would have gone for the sports package but it excludes rugby. That is literally the only think that I want from DSTV. Literally the only thing.
  3. G

    The Rugby Thread - Part Deux

    That is the problem with any form of quota/BEE. The person who is chosen/appointed will never know if he is there on merit or because there are guidelines/requirements. The solution is to abolish any form of quota/BEE and have everything based on merit.
  4. G

    The Rugby Thread - Part Deux

    Dirty play, 4 times
  5. G

    The Rugby Thread - Part Deux

    I picked it up as well, seems he had a point to prove with someone.
  6. G

    IPv6 and dynamic dns

    I would be interested to know as well. What I can tell you is that Afrihost doesn't provide it and I ended up moving to Websquad who provides you with a static /56 IPv6 prefix, so you don't need a dynamic PD 'dns' service.
  7. G

    The Rugby Thread - Part Deux

    Same here. Streaming on mobile data on phone works though
  8. G

    The Rugby Thread - Part Deux

    get exactly the same, also only the stormers game. I can stream on my mobile data on my phone though Very irritating
  9. G

    The Rugby Thread - Part Deux

    Anyone having issues with DSTV streaming the rugby?
  10. G

    All the details about DStv’s new packages

    Disappointing, they didn't listen. I was hoping the sports package would unclude the cricket and the rugby. People will head for the streams again
  11. G

    Zero-alcohol driving law for South Africa is like setting a 30km/h highway speed limit and jailing people for it

    Why should I not have a glass of wine with dinner at the restaurant? For zero reason, they want to take my freedom away, just because they are unable/incompetent to enforce?
  12. G

    Zero-alcohol driving law for South Africa is like setting a 30km/h highway speed limit and jailing people for it

    ANC is like a bunch of children when it comes to making laws. The problem is not driving with the already low alcohol limit, it is bad enforcement. Stricter rules will not change habits. This proposal is not reasonable and will fail when challenged in court.
  13. G

    Constant port scans on my router WAN (Afrihost on Openserve)

    Ok I have used Opnsense for 5 years and before that PFSense for many years (10+). I think I am covered. Just commenting on the amount of port scanning. Mine looks like about 30% incoming is dropped.
  14. G

    Constant port scans on my router WAN (Afrihost on Openserve)

    Ok Destination NAT then (DNAT), commonly known as 'Port Forwarding' is what you are talking about.
  15. G

    Constant port scans on my router WAN (Afrihost on Openserve)

    I think you have it wrong. Port forwarding is letting external traffic into/ through your firewall and directing it to a specific internal ip and port. I'd agree with 'don't port forward'. NAT was invented so that many of your network devices could share the same public IP. Your outbound packets...
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X