Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed. Its not like they didn't know this was happening.
We're busy talking to the estate agent, but I'm worried he's going to ask us to just be nice and let them have the weekend to move.
I don't want to be a Karen, but we also really want to move!
Turns out the tenants aren't out yet, because they were expecting the transfer to go through next week. Even though the original estimation was mid-October.
What do we do now? Our OTP didn't have a clause for occupational rent, it stated that the owners guarantee vacant occupation on transfer.
We just got registered! :D The estate agent complained it was taking too long, and somehow got the attorneys to walk it through a bit faster.
Woohoo! Does this mean we can get the keys today? Or do we have to wait for the final confirmation letter and account statement?
Agreed, it's been extremely helpful to be able to follow along with the process from different viewpoints. Knowing what to expect, what issues are likely to come up etc. Made the whole process a lot less scary, especially for first time buyers like us.
Huh, that's what you get for listening to estate agents I guess. Probably just wanted to intimidate us into putting down a deposit. We did make doubly sure that our OTP excluded that 72h clause at least.
Anyway, good luck @powermzii!
From my vague knowledge of things, they can only accept a second offer if you haven't paid a deposit. At least that's what our estate agent said. So perhaps if you're very keen on the house you could put down a 5% deposit or something?
Hahaha, fair enough. We're luckily in the position that we own the house we're staying in, and won't be renting it out or selling it immediately (needs a bit of work), so we can move without too much of a rush.
Eug, I can just imagine how frustrating that must be. It makes no sense why it would take so long.
Have you made plans for occupational rent if you need to move before the transfer is finished?