I stumbled across something I thought was interesting. I'm not sure if Rain are selling off the 101s that get returned when contracts are cancelled or if it's the router manufacturer who is selling them off directly. But somehow they are making their way onto the market in the Philippines and...
We're all in the same boat here with fuel increases I don't get why TCG has chosen to be so shady about it! I noticed the surcharge two days ago and looking at a few shipments was able to work out that it was 12%. Nice that they were open with parcelninja about it, what about the rest of us? I...
I agree, very likely it's still client-side. I'm no longer with rain so I don't have a 101 to investigate. If someone has one to donate for science I'll take a look.
Hey @Razor3
I changed ISP and sent the router back a while ago so unfortunately can't take a look to see where those DNS settings are.
Anyone else know where the DNS server settings are hiding?
If there for some reason really isn't a way to change DNS settings in the GUI, if I remember...
The 101 is also Jointelli, the interface identical and it's running a Rain flavoured OpenWrt. To get around a network lock I would try and find a compatible stock OpenWrt image.
All the settings are hiding in developer mode. It's client side, so we can just bypass the login.
Install Charles, the trial is fine https://www.charlesproxy.com/
Grab the config file here (101-dev-mode.xml): https://mega.nz/file/a5ckgR4S#zuJTN_l8PXkDK7kzrOhejk-zFJd-0VP68Z9QnkTJU_0
1. Open...
The new 101 router is locked into kiddie mode, there's a password protected 'developer' section where I imagine these basic settings are hiding. Unless they give us access or we find another way in, alternative is to switch the 101 into 'bridge' mode and use a different router for DHCP.
The mod works, unfortunately not the results I was hoping for though. To be fair, I'm in a pretty remote area and the external antenna did double my speed, but going from 10/1 to 20/2 and ping still garbage, is hardly a big win.
I found that only the primary 4G antenna on #8, #5 made a...