Recent content by MaddyJ

  1. M

    Afrihost/Metrofibre Daily disconnects

    Leaving a comment here in support as the exact same thing happens to me. Metro and Afrihost. Numerous tickets, tired of the constant “reboot router”. PoN light stays on during disconnects. Metro comes out and says nothing they can do as the line is working fine. I am in Moreleta park...
  2. M

    Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread Part 2

    @Afrigirl Same for me, again.
  3. M

    Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread Part 2

    @Afrigirl Line dropped again and contacted your support. Ticket id #1436582 The consultant has written a detailed report and should show all screenshots and tests done. The tests were done completely by bypassing my network; that being I was directly connected to the fiber box. This should...
  4. M

    Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread Part 2

    Also in PTA East.... Also experiencing intermittent connection issues..... @Afrigirl Metro came to my property today, plugged in a device and said line is fine and left. Told me my router was the problem. Replaced router, and guess what, same issue... Anyways, here's some PingPlotter images...
  5. M

    Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread Part 2

    Hi Afrihost, I have had random line disconnects the past 2 weeks. I have contacted support 5 times, done the usual basic "reboot everything" 5 times. Eventually, a fault was reported to Metro Fiber, but they went ahead and closed it because there was nothing wrong with the line, apparently. My...
  6. M

    Help (and rant) - No elec for a week

    Thanks all! Yeah I went twitter route, called 5 times a day etc. I managed to get the number of the ward councillor but alas, straight to voicemail and that is full. I just ended up driving to the Cullinan Eskom offices and spoke to someone there. They were nice enough to call the technician...
  7. M

    Help (and rant) - No elec for a week

    Boschkop, Pretoria. (Rural)
  8. M

    Help (and rant) - No elec for a week

    We haven't had electricity for a week. Transformer shooting sparks and such on the electricity pole. Very evident issue. We logged this fault as an emergency. I call today, turns out the technicians cancelled our ticket due to "No fault, loadshedding power outage". They literally came here...
  9. M

    2TB Anytime data

    So I left my router on auto, and i noticed now its connected to band 3 and 20 :/ Never seen this before
  10. M

    Telkom Mobile Speed, Disconnections & Coverage Problems – click here first!

    I have tried "unrestricted" and I'm still having the same issue in Escape from Tarkov. Lose connection to game servers every 2-5min. Is there any issue with what i have set in the below pic?
  11. M

    Telkom LTE constantly changing public IP addresses

    Did you ever find a solution?. I’m having disconnect issues now on unrestricted. No clue what to do to resolve this
  12. M

    Telkom Mobile Speed, Disconnections & Coverage Problems – click here first!

    So interesting issue im facing that i hope someone can help with. When playing a specific game, i always disconnect on telkom LTE. Other internet connections this doesnt happen, and ive tested 2 others. SO its limited to telkom. I have tried all APN's hoping it will resolve the issue, but...
  13. M

    2TB Anytime data

    It's why I'm asking about benefits
  14. M

    2TB Anytime data

    What is the advantage of getting this deal through afrihost? What could it potentially do better than straight through telkom? :) (asking as a current 2tb owner, who may switch ;) )
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X