Recent content by Maurice Kitching

  1. M

    Bad Driving thread

    You'd think all those people running up are going to help the passengers and ensure the taxi driver doesn't make it, but alas, they're probably just looting the scene.
  2. M

    Flydubai flight diverts to Saudi Arabia amid reports of pilot fight

    Thanks. Saved me having to deal with the obduracy.
  3. M

    Flydubai flight diverts to Saudi Arabia amid reports of pilot fight

    You may want to check your translator. Those lucky packet ones don't work so lekker.
  4. M

    Flydubai flight diverts to Saudi Arabia amid reports of pilot fight

    Wow, the bigotry is next level. It may fall differently on your ears as the Arab naming tradition often incorporates references to God, beauty, strength, exaltation, growth, brilliance, abundance, etc. Sometimes but less frequently names that have violent connotations, but usually in the...
  5. M

    Steve Hofmeyr: I voted yes for the new South Africa but it was a mistake

    I'll grant this, though it's difficult to compare cultural China to cultural South Africa. Their language mandates were dynastic to start with, then came the cultural revolution, enforcement by the government post WW2, and eventually enforcement in law for the last 25 years or so. A large number...
  6. M

    Steve Hofmeyr: I voted yes for the new South Africa but it was a mistake

    Jonathan Jansen shared your view. He's not much of an academic though. This has been studied, and mother tongue education comes out on top as it allows the learner the time to master English properly. The Chinese have known this for years and implemented it early.
  7. M

    US Politics: Catering to Iran

    Don't be mean. She likely suffers from angioedema. Can be hereditary and permanent, but more likely from drugs, allergic reactions, or injections like Botox or HA. Occam's razor would dictate that someone's knocked her around for being irritating.
  8. M

    Bad Parking Pictures

    I'm going to have to assume that you're one of those guys who like to drive their 4x4 on the beach.
  9. M

    Bad Parking Pictures

    You're too easy. Go do your reporting thing.
  10. M

    Main reasons you wouldn't get an EV?

    I do lots of long distances. Leave early and try not to take the N1 if you can help it. I usually hit the road at about 2am. Nice time to drive. I don't like driving the Piet Retief area at night. Lots of free roaming animals. I try to be there at around 6 or 7, so 16 - 17 hours. Not sure where...
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X