Recent content by Moereloos

  1. Moereloos

    Museums you've been to, would recommend, or want to go to?

    Most recently the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam (July 2026). Well worth a visit but you have set a whole day apart for that. We also visited the Louvre during the same trip, but for that you need at least four days. We only had a few hours and saw maybe 10% of it. I visited most of the museums in...
  2. Moereloos

    Which South African brand or product do you wish would make a return?

    I remember the 'Nux' bar from when I was a kid. They were the best,
  3. Moereloos

    Value Gumtree Ads

    I don't look at this thread often, but WTF does this mean?
  4. Moereloos

    Most interesting or lesser-known inventions by South Africans?

    The toothbrush was invented in Brakpan. If it was invented anywhere else, it would have been called a teethbrush.
  5. Moereloos

    Have you ever flown Business Class or First Class?

    I worked for an airline and used to get 6 return flights per year in business class. I just did 6 flights in the last three weeks, two of them 11 hours long and I travelled economy class. No way I will pay for business class.
  6. Moereloos

    Are you keeping your Prime subscription?

    I received a WhatsApp from Vodacom today to inform me that I can get Amazon Prime free for a year. The Vodacom subscription kicks in immediately after my free trial ends, which is in about a week.
  7. Moereloos

    Have you ever been to an airshow?

    I've been to the one at Waterkloof once. I live so close to Waterkloof that I see most of the aircraft anyway.
  8. Moereloos

    Google Maps vs Waze vs Apple Maps vs physical paper maps?

    I normally use Waze, but keep an old GPS (a Tom Tom I think) in the glove compartment. It has happened in the Kruger that you totally lose cellphone reception and then the old GPS still does it's thing.
  9. Moereloos

    Are you filling up your tank today?

    I fetched my car from the panelbeaters this morning and when I started left there she was empty. Filled up on the way home.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X