What local clothing industry? It's the retailers that are making the noise and they aren't manufacturing anything, they are just adding 300-400% mark-up on imports from China and adding no value what so ever.
The ONLY thing DSTV has in SA is a sporting broadcast MONOPOLY, everything else is trash. As a result they can charge whatever they wish. Obviously there are backhanders paid to ensure all competitors are crushed.
Firstly, Takealot has been ripping SA consumers for years....
Temu clearly states that VAT and Import duty are not included in their pricing but link a very efficient payment system to cater for this which is relaid to the purchaser as soon as the goods hit JHB Airport customs. There are no SA...
He's talking about engagement..clickbaity is a word. It means "creating" a sensationalistic headline to create engagement which would otherwise not be there. First time on the internet??
I cannot believe that Santam have not already factored in storm damage- it sounds like an excuse to increase premiums to make up for previously sub standard underwriting. Time to look elsewhere....
Disagree that the Chinese quality and sizes are just terrible..I'm 1.93m and found their sizes to be spot on- with UK, USA and European size equivalents available for comparisons. As for the quality it's excellent..better than high street stores.. incl Woolies. Please note Tax and VAT are paid...
I'd better double down on my order before Temu decides it wants to make a profit.... By the way, was this article sponsored by Amazon or Takealot..... Competition is good....
Agree, Makro are shocking, no updates or feedback unless I contacted them. The delivery Co. /drivers they use are supposed to send an sms on the morning of delivery, then phone you if they are trying to deliver. I stayed home to make sure I could receive the delivery, driver claimed he tried to...