Recent content by mpdjhb

  1. M

    OUTA says shutting down the Road Accident Fund to save R2.25 per litre is a bad idea

    Not sure why I must pay for some form of insurance just because I drive more, or have a less fuel efficient car etc. Flat rate 3rd party licence disk and impound vehicles not displaying it. Win. Win.
  2. M

    Surprise change in Post Office deliveries

    Look at COVID for you answer.... Lower volumes = higher "success" (for some value of "success")
  3. M

    New Gautrains for R15 billion

    Good news - I love the train. And more trains is absoluely required
  4. M

    Way to tip car guards and petrol attendants without cash in South Africa

    Life has been good to me - I have no issue giving a few rand to a petrol attendant or car guard. But the payment system needs to be sorted properly. Random tapping is only going to lead to more issues. And the calculation in the article is wrong - the R2.70 is not per tip as presented - its per...
  5. M

    6 Bank Zero founders did not take salaries for 10 years

    yeah - when you are worth millions its not too hard
  6. M

    Amazon trumps Takealot in same-day delivery test

    WTF cares. Do we need more reckless scooters on the road to meet some arbitrary time? Far too much nonsense about "faster faster" "60 mins" "45 mins" etc. Get a little patience - our roads will be better for it.
  7. M

    Standard Bank investigates 200GB data breach

    Will only get worse - and people will continue to blame the victim. Its the only crime where the victim is always blamed.
  8. M

    Uber drivers allegedly faking vehicle safety scans in South Africa

    I refuse to take these vehicles anywhere more than a couple of blocks. Imagine being on the highway with one-brake-lights-one-headlight-and-no-brakes.
  9. M

    Why DStv Premium is dying in South Africa

    If I see a "chat bot" I will find another service provider or do without. WebAfrica - this is directly aimed at you too.
  10. M

    Takealot shoppers report problems with same-day and next-day deliveries

    Eh - mine arrive as expected. And if you are ordering a birthday present for a family member at the 11th hour its not really takealots fault if they dont get it on time - you know a year in advance when their birthday is. plan better.
  11. M

    SpaceX IPO raises $75 billion in biggest debut of all time, with Elon Musk on verge of trillionaire status

    good lord no - the further him and his race hate stays from me the better.
  12. M

    Uber is operating without its e-hailing certificate in South Africa

    Then block the Uber App at the ISP level. Simple. Why is everything always so complicated - if you make a law/rule then enforce it - or dont make the rule in the first place.
  13. M

    Gautrain stations to get significant upgrades

    Maybe they can fix the godawful Sandton station - I have no idea what is going on. The one donut place has been running off a set of noisy generators for over a year now. The inside of the station parking where the "food" stands are looks like something out of Mad Max. Please do better.
  14. M

    Gautrain stations to get significant upgrades

    the DLTC at the Gautrain depots are absolutely world class - I feel the need to say that is not sarcasm. went to the sandton one - it was like the inside of a Premier Banking client facility. I was stunned. It was more efficient than my last trip to a "private bank".
  15. M

    New iOS and iPadOS adds keyboards for South African languages

    how does an afrikaans and an english keyboard differ?
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X