Recent content by Mystic_ZA

  1. Mystic_ZA

    iMessage activation issue

    2025, Vodacom Business Contract user on top-up. The solution for me per (5th) support contact attempt: Dial *135# Next (Page 2) Look for Services Next (Page 2) Look for Out of Bundle Limits Look for SMS Opt in and/or adjust limit to 0. I did this for both voice and data as I couldn't make...
  2. Mystic_ZA

    Do you use the Gautrain?

    Frequently when I moved to Joburg (post COVID) but they recently dropped their 50% off weekend special and my motivation to use it dropped and I've driven the distance more often than not that I used to use the train for. Rosebank->Hatfield. One of the longer routes.
  3. Mystic_ZA

    South Africa's taxi industry transitioning to digital payments

    R2k/pm plus fees, the enablement of tax collection, the ability for drivers to overcharge as the feel fit, all these factors tell me this particular cashless attempt is also set to fail. A friend and I recently sat for ages discussing who would succeed in this space with cashless. Ultimately...
  4. Mystic_ZA

    South African banks weigh in on ditching passwords

    This I fully agree with. I think I just didn't like that BankZero could be interpreted as saying by not having online banking outside the app, they're immune to phishing on that channel. However if they did switch to passkey only, then that's great. I just think they've answered this...
  5. Mystic_ZA

    South African banks weigh in on ditching passwords

    MyBroadband itself doesn't support Passkeys yet from my initial checks. The banks responses in this article show a limited understanding of the technology. Especially FNBs completely ignorant lack of real response. Passkeys sync across your devices for the most part which will eliminate (and...
  6. Mystic_ZA

    Bank Zero: Why you should switch to a digital bank

    I tried to sign up for every free bank offering including all the digital offerings from all physical and digital banks. I have screenshots of the entire process. If someone wants to write up about the awful experience of some of them, feel free to reach out for the images or do the same...
  7. Mystic_ZA

    Vodacom lets you schedule YouTube video downloads overnight

    How is this not more widespread in 2023? Is it still only Vodacom? Does this feature still exist? I'm switching to Vodacom for work this week so I'll confirm but can assure you I don't see any means or options on Telkom Mobile as of today
  8. Mystic_ZA

    Electron security flaws patched and disclosed

    Unfortunately the underlying Chromium based Electron engine is upwards of 100MB these days.
  9. Mystic_ZA

    Electron security flaws patched and disclosed

    YouTube Music doesn't use Electron to the best of my knowledge. They're purely web and progressive web app (PWA) based on desktop.
  10. Mystic_ZA

    Test your mobile speed and win prizes worth R5,000

    Telkom Mobile Kloof 3610, KZN Avg Ping: 32.12ms Avg Download: 23.21Mbps Avg Upload: 11.54Mbps App Rating: 5/5 Stars
  11. Mystic_ZA

    Shadow Cloud Gaming Question

    Hi Everyone! I am so sorry for the delay! It's been 24 days and I am so sorry! Firstly big thanks to @uelsimon for getting it and giving your review, very similar results on my end, so thanks for updating the thread while was absent. Also too @dagelf, thank you for such a long reply, I'd love...
  12. Mystic_ZA

    Shadow Cloud Gaming Question

    Hey Everyone, Shadow finally became available to login to today! Unfortunately I am out today for new years, so I will not be able to start tests today. I have signed into to check it works, noticed some settings need immediate adjustment such as mouse and bitrate. Will have a video and forum...
  13. Mystic_ZA

    Shadow Cloud Gaming Question

    Hey everyone, I've just taken the step to order from Shadow today. I will definitely point out that I do not expect to use this for competitive gaming at all. I am really trying to see if the service is useful (and usable) from South Africa for casual gaming, working and some more. I will...
  14. Mystic_ZA

    Shadow Cloud Gaming Question

    The latency will definitely be the biggest issue but that's something to confirm. Performance wise I can't say for sure, visually with a decent connection I'd say it will look nice and if my internet handles it, 1080p or higher wound cause a problem. FPS would be decent, considering the specs...
  15. Mystic_ZA

    Shadow Cloud Gaming Question

    Hey uelsimon, Unfortunately I have not yet. A friend of mine tried to order a week or two ago and struggled to pay as there was some issues with either his payment choice or some unknown issue. He is planning on trying it but is looking to pay another way but is not planning on doing it very...
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X