Recent content by OrbitalDawn

  1. OrbitalDawn

    Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part IV

    He was excellent in Honey Don't!, which I liked despite the poor score and some issues.
  2. OrbitalDawn

    Grand Theft Auto 6

    I wonder if they'll add customisability to this sort of thing. Have a 'classic' option that turns off then new features like this and makes more spiritually aligned with the previous ones etc.
  3. OrbitalDawn

    Grand Theft Auto 6

    Had a good laugh.
  4. OrbitalDawn

    What game are you playing now? (Part 2)

    I liked them all, but Mirage is a nice palate cleanser in the series. Way, way narrower in scope by design. So it's much shorter and smaller, and much more focused on assassinations, like the first couple of games.
  5. OrbitalDawn

    Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part IV

    Yeah I also enjoyed it. Watched it on a plane, I think. Good chemistry between them.
  6. OrbitalDawn

    What game are you playing now? (Part 2)

    I remember them being quite ahead of their time in that aspect. Very enjoyable, flowing combat. Weren't they also some of the first games with a bounty type system where specific enemies remember you, and you got bonuses for killing them or something?
  7. OrbitalDawn

    Battlefield 6 - Official Thread

    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-6-removed-a-fan-favorite-mode-as-devs-look-for-best-way-to-bring-it-back/
  8. OrbitalDawn

    Series [Please do NOT post any spoilers] - Season VI

    Busy with The Bear season 4, and still enjoying it. But seems sensible it ended with season 5. I find it fascinating that this show can create so much tension almost out of the blue. Think the incredibly tight writing and great camera work does a lot of it. Can watch a show about impending...
  9. OrbitalDawn

    Chris Nolan's - The Odyssey.

    Can't blame you for not reading this whole thread, but 'historic' characters? What? Must have been traumatising watching Troy (2004)?
  10. OrbitalDawn

    Chris Nolan's - The Odyssey.

    Also, there was no 'he' that wrote anything. What we call 'Homer' was in reality a large group of different people who cobbled together verbal re-tellings of poems over centuries. One of them used the term λευκόχερη (leukōlenos) once. For context, Helen is also described as having 3 different...
  11. OrbitalDawn

    Series [Please do NOT post any spoilers] - Season VI

    When the show was announced, I remember reading something online about judging it based on whether they 'show' the opening line or have some cringy exposition.
  12. OrbitalDawn

    Wiiliam Gibson's Neuromancer - Apple TV Series.

    Dunno. Both Hyperion and The Culture seem like it would be near-impossible to do well. I'm fine with them not ever being adapted.
  13. OrbitalDawn

    Wiiliam Gibson's Neuromancer - Apple TV Series.

    Cautiously optimistic based on the teaser...
  14. OrbitalDawn

    Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part IV

    Crime 101. Lots to like about this. Very atmospheric, with shades of Michael Mann. Great score and cinematography that really suits the style. But probably about 20 minutes too long, and Barry Keoghan is under-used for how good he (generally, but also is in this). Plus, one of the main plot...
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X