Recent content by SauRoNZA

  1. SauRoNZA

    Say goodbye to these 2 cars after 15 years in South Africa

    HEV that runs fully electric up to 70-ish km/h depending how hard you put your foot down. So I’ve gotten used to the EV pull away vibes and just want it to stay there all the way and not switch to petrol when it runs out of sauce. ICE vehicles feel so broken and weird to me now.
  2. SauRoNZA

    Say goodbye to these 2 cars after 15 years in South Africa

    That somewhat explains your personal point of view and I would call it warranted since we don’t have Chinese competitors in that segment on the local market just yet. The equation changes a lot when we are looking at “normal” Q3’s and Q5’s. This was a major problem 3-5 years ago with...
  3. SauRoNZA

    Say goodbye to these 2 cars after 15 years in South Africa

    In fact Audi as a brand overall has become rather boring in the last 10 years. Very rarely do I still see one and yearn to take it for a spin it’s just all very boring and same-y now. And I already know they all drive way too predictably for my liking. Bizarrely the fun Audi’s are the long...
  4. SauRoNZA

    Say goodbye to these 2 cars after 15 years in South Africa

    Yes they are all boring…that’s why. Quattro steals all the glory. I’ve had way more fun in a FWD pumped up Scirocco than an RS4.
  5. SauRoNZA

    Say goodbye to these 2 cars after 15 years in South Africa

    Unless you are driving an RS6 or something similar and ignoring the Dolphin in there I simply can’t agree. It’s very much a placebo and I say this as a Audi/VW fan of old. A couple of years ago if you asked me which one I would choose if I could have either one for free (same class etc) I...
  6. SauRoNZA

    Say goodbye to these 2 cars after 15 years in South Africa

    In fairness I haven’t driven a single Chery or one of their sub-brands so have no personal skin in the game there. Is that like old school aircon or climate control?
  7. SauRoNZA

    Wi-Fi router that delivers 11,529 Mbps

    I mean even WiFi6 doesn’t make sense in a household context.
  8. SauRoNZA

    Say goodbye to these 2 cars after 15 years in South Africa

    Oh for sure because Tesla is also a modern manufacturer with modern processes, where everyone else is pretty much a legacy brand.
  9. SauRoNZA

    Say goodbye to these 2 cars after 15 years in South Africa

    Key being kept too close to the car? A friend with Ford had a problem like that. First car with keyless so didn’t know any better. It’s factually impossible that fuel consumption can “double every week” but yes the Chery’s are a little less economical. Then again you pay less for them in the...
  10. SauRoNZA

    Say goodbye to these 2 cars after 15 years in South Africa

    GWM Ora 5, in two different models. Geely E5 Apex BYD Atto Haval Jolion Haval H6 HEV is my daily.
  11. SauRoNZA

    Guests vs visitors

    I get you but I would have worded it the other way around. Guests are the ones I specially plan for socialising with and organising set meals etc etc. Visitors are the ones I leave to their own devices.
  12. SauRoNZA

    Wi-Fi router that delivers 11,529 Mbps

    But why? What is the point? Even if your internet was that fast you rarely have a source that can sustain it.
  13. SauRoNZA

    Say goodbye to these 2 cars after 15 years in South Africa

    Instead of just making up your own facts you maybe want to go watch one of these tear down videos done by companies the likes of Caresoft. The entire industry is now trying to catch up to Chinese manufacturing processes.
  14. SauRoNZA

    Say goodbye to these 2 cars after 15 years in South Africa

    No surprise since they just don’t sell, pretty much never see them. There is a case to be made for simply having too many models in the market competing with your own range.
  15. SauRoNZA

    Xbox Series X / S

    I kind of accepted Halo split screen being so choppy as modern game just pushing too hard. But Gears is running flawlessly while looking amazing, so now I’m thinking Halo just didn’t try hard enough.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X