Recent content by Stonemason

  1. Stonemason

    The 87-year-old woman evicted from her home in Spain has died

    I feel your pain but I am afraid your woes are only just starting. I would not wish your Prime Minister on anyone.
  2. Stonemason

    The 87-year-old woman evicted from her home in Spain has died

    I think you are cherry picking facts from history. You forgot to include the fact that Thatcher had to rebuild the UK after Labour's devastating policies and how she broke the back of trade unions that destroyed the British car industry and caused the de-industrialisation of the UK. Regardless...
  3. Stonemason

    The 87-year-old woman evicted from her home in Spain has died

    Another young student. In South Africa the ANC's particular brand of socialism is already running out of other people's money.
  4. Stonemason

    The 87-year-old woman evicted from her home in Spain has died

    Maybe I understand communism better. After all, it has been tried in a lot of countries and it failed. Or its offspring socialism - you know, that thing of which Margeret Thatcher said : The only problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money. Or Winston Chrchill...
  5. Stonemason

    The 87-year-old woman evicted from her home in Spain has died

    Why does your reference to 'capitalist' make me think you are a student or an older person who never learned to understand economics?
  6. Stonemason

    Steve Hofmeyr: I voted yes for the new South Africa but it was a mistake

    Or maybe that was the reason electricity was only distributed to certain areas prior to 1994. All communities in rural areas had to content with less development prior to 1994. Now all communities everywhere looks in horror at the general decay around them.
  7. Stonemason

    Steve Hofmeyr: I voted yes for the new South Africa but it was a mistake

    The problem is that the people who got electricity after 1994 either refused to pay for their electricity or were unable to do so. This quickly led to municipalities collapsing all over the country because they still had to pay Eskom for that electricity. The roll out of power to more people is...
  8. Stonemason

    Steve Hofmeyr: I voted yes for the new South Africa but it was a mistake

    There was no mentoring . New ANC ministers fired the DG's of their departments within days of them taking office. This left the civil service without experienced leadership and the rot started almost immediately.
  9. Stonemason

    Steve Hofmeyr: I voted yes for the new South Africa but it was a mistake

    I was part of the media then and yes, I also advocated for a YES vote. Prior to that referendum there was another referendum where people had to decide whether they wanted a three-chamber Parliament that brought Indians and Coloureds into the government. In that one I advocated for a NO vote...
  10. Stonemason

    SA Politics Part 14 - The New Dawn turns to Dusk

    Good are idiots. Anyone over the age of 18 without certain criminal records are allowed to stand anywhere in South Africa. You may not be allowed to register as a voter outside the ward where you are staying but you can register as a candidate
  11. Stonemason

    3,000 white crosses planted in Washington to bring attention to crime and race laws in South Africa

    This video was shown in the White House yesterday. Powerful stuff. Meant as a prelude to the planting of the crosses.
  12. Stonemason

    ProNutro, lets talk about it

    Well, I guess what PepsiCo is trying to say is: If you are too lazy to make yourself a proper bacon and egg breakfast, you don't deserve to eat.
  13. Stonemason

    South Africa misses out on Starlink Mobile

    Well, don't you think SA's domestic affairs need interfering? After all, apart from India's caste system, we are the only country who still have race-based laws.
  14. Stonemason

    South Africa misses out on Starlink Mobile

    So, where do you get 5G service. I live in Pretoria and I do not get 5G. Also what about the farmer who has no cell service and who urgently has to call for help when he is attacked by some crazies fueled by the call to kill the boer, kill the farmer? We need Musk and his Starlink. We cannot...
  15. Stonemason

    BYD recalls Shark bakkie over spare wheel runaway risk

    Here in South Africa the spare wheel detaches and grows feet when you park at the mall.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X