Recent content by SykomantiS

  1. S

    Geely E2 Apex, pull the trigger or am I going mad?

    What happens to the buy back value (and balloon) in the case of a small or even mild fender bender in your time of ownership? Question is for anyone who can answer, as to me it's another reason to just avoid that path.
  2. S

    Have you ever ordered a product online and received a fake knock-off?

    As opposed to what, receiving a real knock-off?
  3. S

    Geely E2 Apex, pull the trigger or am I going mad?

    Sadly, planned obsolescence has nothing to do with China only- it's a global phenomenon.
  4. S

    Geely E2 Apex, pull the trigger or am I going mad?

    Friend of mine bought the Apex. Surprisingly nice to drive. The app connection makes it worth it over the base model. I didn't pay too much attention to the ADAS stuff. I was very surprised to see it rivalled my previous Civic (2011 hatch) for interior and boot space. I want to get one myself...
  5. S

    South Africa under siege from cheap Chinese tyres

    So in the span of roughly 11 000 km, the Bridgestones on my Q7 went down to ~ 50% tyre life. Tell me again why I should be buying these so-called "tier-one" flagship brands at ludicrous markups?
  6. S

    No collusion among network operators in South Africa — Vodacom

    We have investigated ourselves and found that we are not guilty.
  7. S

    Homemade Pizza

    TIL... "Caramelised onions" should really only be half done... Marinated Bluewildebeest fillet cubes (used to be sosaties), caramelised onions and mozzarella. Bacon, cherries, feta and mozzarella Getting better at this. But one universal truth holds true. Whether you are a gear head...
  8. S

    99% of murders in South Africa are committed with illegal firearms

    It's not completely inaccurate. The first paragraph is inaccurate. The rest seems to align with the question posed to the minister. But sure, it's inaccurate.
  9. S

    99% of murders in South Africa are committed with illegal firearms

    The article is definitely lacking detail and explanation, but I don't think it's completely innacurate. More accurately, yes.
  10. S

    99% of murders in South Africa are committed with illegal firearms

    Getting back to this, the question was asked specifically around murders with firearms, not all murders. Here is a document Natshoot shared with its members https://natshoot.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2026/07/RNW2492-2026-07-21.pdf
  11. S

    Afrihost Fibre Server at Home

    Why does Afrihost supply DDNS hostnames to their home customers in the format of http://<username>.ip.afrihost.co.za ... if we aren't allowed to use it?
  12. S

    The complete IEM discussions thread

    I have a set of Bluetooth 1More triple drivers and a Moondrop May (usb-c dac cable) and a Sony WF-1000XM3 set, if that counts. Haven't used the 1More's or Sony in a long time. I bought the Moondrop last November. I use it every now and then, mostly for consuming content on my tablet or phone...
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X