Recent content by Vades

  1. V

    The Smoking Thread

    Looking good!
  2. V

    The Smoking Thread

    I know that story... each piece of meat is different, sometimes what was predicted to be a quicker cook can take way longer, and vice versa. For the larger pork cuts like shoulder (Boston butt) I remove the skin so that I get good bark on all sides. The meat doesn't need to be shielded i.mo. as...
  3. V

    The Smoking Thread

    Nice!
  4. V

    Mortymoose's Weber & Buitebraai Offerings to the HO's Gods! - Your Pofadder Touched My Skilpaadtjie!

    I've done plenty of hot and fast cooks on mine, temperature can reach up to 230 degrees C. Pellet consumption is obviously a lot faster at high temps, and yes, a gas grill would still be better suited.
  5. V

    The Smoking Thread

    I think it needs to be in stock at the store that delivers to you.
  6. V

    Mortymoose's Weber & Buitebraai Offerings to the HO's Gods! - Your Pofadder Touched My Skilpaadtjie!

    Not too long ago Checkers Outdoor had a bundle deal sale that worked out to R300 a bag. Also keep an eye on the Traeger website on Black Friday.
  7. V

    The Smoking Thread

    Also a winner.
  8. V

    The Smoking Thread

    Just realised this thread has been quiet. I've done plenty of cooks this year but haven't posted. Some pork ribs from a little while back:
  9. V

    The Smoking Thread

    Welcome! Bargains this month on Traeger and Gozneys... the Tread is a steal at the moment but I'm holding out for an Arc at a later stage. Consider doing this with your pork, 1st post. https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/finishing-sauce-for-pulled-pork.49892/ Post pics later please -...
  10. V

    Homemade Pizza

  11. V

    Homemade Pizza

    Getting it right consistently, every week. Nicely done!
  12. V

    Homemade Pizza

    Looks excellent!
  13. V

    Homemade Pizza

    One from last weekend:
  14. V

    Homemade Pizza

    R1200 is a very reasonable price.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X