Recent content by warrenpridgeon

  1. warrenpridgeon

    SARS wants to change VAT forever

    That is definitely solid advice because it's a pain... and in a business like mine where the main expense is salaries you basically "lose out". I had to renegotiate and start charging more to earn the same once I became VAT registered. By some measures I'm doing well... by others not. I don't...
  2. warrenpridgeon

    SARS wants to change VAT forever

    I was referring to when VAT is due, i.e. which period you are supposed to submit the VAT and pay it over. The "cash basis" is supposed to be based on when the money lands and as you've said "is very rare" and you have to apply for it. Technically you are liable for the VAT the earliest of the...
  3. warrenpridgeon

    3d Printers South Africa

    Honestly... if you can... wait until November. I bought my first 3D printer on a Black Friday deal. You might even be able to get the "next step up" which is quite a step up for close to the same price...
  4. warrenpridgeon

    Makro online marketplace sells fake SSDs in South Africa

    The article starts out deceptively: That's not written like "we bought a known fake and tested it" it's written as "I got duped and then tested the drive after I became suspicious".
  5. warrenpridgeon

    Makro online marketplace sells fake SSDs in South Africa

    Added to my profile. I noticed I only had my blog in there.
  6. warrenpridgeon

    Makro online marketplace sells fake SSDs in South Africa

    How in 2026 are we still having people IN THE TECH INDUSTRY not know 1. 3rd party seller =/= "Makro" 2. STUPIDLY cheap = at LEAST 105% chance it's a scam Like question EVERYTHING...
  7. warrenpridgeon

    Makro online marketplace sells fake SSDs in South Africa

    I need him to do some google reviews on my business "Never used their services, but their website says they can do the work" 5 stars. lol
  8. warrenpridgeon

    SARS wants to change VAT forever

    https://www.sars.gov.za/businesses-and-employers/government/tax-invoices/ Many people are acting outside the act. Many get away with it. I personally don't know how many people get fined/slapped on the wrist for doctoring dates/playing outside the act. I'm not going to say it's right or wrong...
  9. warrenpridgeon

    SARS wants to change VAT forever

    That's different to "hiding the invoice" and not declaring it on a return. I know many places do pro forma's etc until the money is paid and issue a tax invoice afterwards. Even that is technically not allowed unless you are on "payment basis". And you have to apply for "payment basis".
  10. warrenpridgeon

    WARDOGS CEO Says “Games Are Too Cheap”

    This is one of the things I believe "Stop killing games" is pushing for. A studio sunsetting a game shouldn't mean it just "disappears". Yep. It is what it is.
  11. warrenpridgeon

    WARDOGS CEO Says “Games Are Too Cheap”

    Brother I chose an arbitrary number... I even said so in brackets. I don't know what his "ideal number" would be... your guess is as good as mine. The point is the further you move from the average the less likely you are to get more sales. Once you are established it's more likely that you...
  12. warrenpridgeon

    WARDOGS CEO Says “Games Are Too Cheap”

    That would been an even worse move. Pricing yourself out of the market to prove a point is not going to be a good move. It's not like people are going to "pay 5x the price out of principle" (I chose a random multiplier). I honestly don't understand how people are paying THAT much for ships in...
  13. warrenpridgeon

    WARDOGS CEO Says “Games Are Too Cheap”

    "The market" If you jump into the market with your product 5x the average price, even if it's actually realistic, you are not going to get the sales numbers you would if you are more aligned with the market price. Especially as a largely unknown studio.
  14. warrenpridgeon

    WARDOGS CEO Says “Games Are Too Cheap”

    I'd love to build a game... maar BLIKSEM it's a rough market so doing it for "monetary gain" is a really tough swing.
  15. warrenpridgeon

    WARDOGS CEO Says “Games Are Too Cheap”

    Yep... I'm ok with skins and stuff like that because I understand that a game that requires ongoing "work" is either going to have to sell more and more copies (which requires more and more infra and staff to support so not REALLY as feasible) OR monetise in game somehow... not a fan of P2W...
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X