Police emergency number offline for South African city with 5 million people as 10111 goes down

Most people rely on private security these days anyway, or in Cape Town the Metro Police.
 
Better not to get through than to get through and be taken for a p**s anyway.
There is no "government". Been saying that for years.
 
Last edited:
Most people rely on private security these days anyway, or in Cape Town the Metro Police.

I think most South Africans these days call armed response for an emergency and SAPS for a case number if they decide the loss is worth claiming from insurance.

Yeah, except most South Africans cannot afford private security or armed repsonse. I don’t think you realise how most South Africans live
 
Yeah, except most South Africans cannot afford private security or armed repsonse. I don’t think you realise how most South Africans live

The informal settlements have their own form of ‘private’ security and it is probably more effective than the paid for version.

They are also unlikely to call the police, they do not easily trust them.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X