Uber is illegal in South Africa

Wait... how? Bolt and Wanatu complied with regulations. Taxi and shuttles also need permits and operating license?
Oh yes, a minibus operator is required to register with the CIPC, get a compliance certificate, get a public operating license, and obtain an operating permit. A shuttle service needs CIPC registration, Public Transport Operating License, a Shuttle Permit etc. ( I might have missed a thing or two)
 
"The fact that Uber’s registration remains outstanding after nearly seven months from its submission and six months after the deadline is puzzling."

So... the way this story is spun is that Uber has ignored the process when the small print explains that Uber filed the registration and it's the regulator that is not responding?
 
Oh yes, a minibus operator is required to register with the CIPC, get a compliance certificate, get a public operating license, and obtain an operating permit. A shuttle service needs CIPC registration, Public Transport Operating License, a Shuttle Permit etc. ( I might have missed a thing or two)
No No, I do know that... I was just asking how it's always "The Taxis", when they also have the same regulations to comply with.
 
No No, I do know that... I was just asking how it's always "The Taxis", when they also have the same regulations to comply with.
the taxi bosses make sure that the permits get there, bribing the officials to get their ones first, and then prevent new players in the market.
 
Just great, get seriously injured in a accident whilst taking a Uber and your in the poo.

What?

RAF will cover you.
And personal insurance, if you have, will cover you.
Any provident insurance you may also have eg PPS, will also cover you.

The driver will have issues or the owner of the car.

Do taxi accident victims not have access to RAF?
If you're hurt by a kid who drove a car without a license, you're on your own?
 
the taxi bosses make sure that the permits get there, bribing the officials to get their ones first, and then prevent new players in the market.
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
I renewed on Monday. No bribes. Just had all the correct docs. I don't belong to an "association". This is the stupidest argument EVER.
 
What?

RAF will cover you.
And personal insurance, if you have, will cover you.
Any provident insurance you may also have eg PPS, will also cover you.

The driver will have issues or the owner of the car.

Do taxi accident victims not have access to RAF?
If you're hurt by a kid who drove a car without a license, you're on your own?
The RAF is useless and their pay outs have decreased to substandard settlements and take years to settle.
Your policies will give you a very hard time as you were in a "illegal" vehicle.

The TP involved will never see their money.
 
Illegal because of more new laws cadres are making to prop up their own taxi businesses?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X