MotoGP 2026

Nice main race for BB, and a great win for KTM/Acosta

Yeah, he rode well! The bike worked well too. I was impressed with some of his early passes. He was making good progress and I was hopeful that he could move up to the back of Ogura and maybe even Bez, but sadly the pace seemed to drop off or the Aprilias just had inherently more speed.

Not sure yet if the bike is now working to his liking or the characteristics of the track just suited it. Guess we'll know more in Motegi in two weeks time.

Yeah, happy for Acosta. He's got that monkey off his back now. Digged the turn two celebrations. It was hilarious!
 
Yeah, he rode well! The bike worked well too. I was impressed with some of his early passes. He was making good progress and I was hopeful that he could move up to the back of Ogura and maybe even Bez, but sadly the pace seemed to drop off or the Aprilias just had inherently more speed.

Not sure yet if the bike is now working to his liking or the characteristics of the track just suited it. Guess we'll know more in Motegi in two weeks time.

Yeah, happy for Acosta. He's got that monkey off his back now. Digged the turn two celebrations. It was hilarious!
Saw a post somewhere that says he had to re-map the bike for fuel saving mid race, and then could only pick it up again towards the end. Was a solid ride though. The KTM's definitely like their home track.
 
Saw a post somewhere that says he had to re-map the bike for fuel saving mid race, and then could only pick it up again towards the end. Was a solid ride though. The KTM's definitely like their home track.

Oh that would make sense. The track is known to be fuel heavy.
 
With Ai and Pedro winning recently - only 3 current riders are winless

otoGP grid winners.jpeg
 
I see Darryn Binder will be moving up to Superbikes in MotoAmerica with the factory Ducati team.

Warhorse HSBK Racing Ducati Unveil Powerhouse 2027 Line Up​


The factory-backed Warhorse HSBK Racing Ducati team will field a powerhouse rider line up in 2027, with incumbent Cameron Beaubier set to partner with MotoAmerica’s newest rising star, Darryn Binder.
...

One of the undoubted stars of MotoAmerica in 2026 was Darryn Binder. The South African debuted for the Celtic/Economy Lube + Tire/Warhorse Ducati team in Supersport competition after an 11-year career inside the MotoGP paddock, dominating proceedings with 11 race wins and 14 podium appearances. Binder sealed the 2026 MotoAmerica Supersport Championship with a double victory at Circuit of The Americas and is now looking forward to stepping up to the big time in 2026 in the MotoAmerica Superbike championship.

“I just want to say a huge thank you to Warhorse for giving me the opportunity to step up onto the Panigale V4 R. I’m really looking forward to it. We had a great first season this year together in Supersport and managed to win the championship,” said Darryn Binder. “There’s been a fantastic vibe in the box this year, both with the supersport and superbike teams. Getting to know everybody has made me even more excited for this opportunity. I’ve never raced a superbike before, so it’ll be new to me, but I’m excited for the challenge and looking forward to seeing what the team can do.”
 

OFFICIAL - Honda (re)gains its wings: multi-year agreement with Red Bull starting in 2027​


We gave you a sneak peek a few days ago, and today the official confirmation arrived: In 2027, Red Bull will return to the fairings of the HRC factory team’s Hondas in MotoGP. It’s a multi-year agreement, though the exact duration has not been specified. The brand featuring the two bulls and the sun will appear on the windscreen and front mudguard of the bikes, as well as in the garages and on the riders’ gear.

Red Bull and Honda began their partnership in 2015 and ended it at the end of 2024. After two seasons apart, they’ve reunited.This means Fabio Quartararo will have to part ways with Monster, a competing brand that has long sponsored him.

 
Honda have been busy with unveiling and teasing liveries.


images
 
I cannot get used to these winged bikes which I thought were going away?

This styling is still the pinnacle for me.
IMG_3685.jpeg

And stay off of my lawn. :D
 
I cannot get used to these winged bikes which I thought were going away?

This styling is still the pinnacle for me.
View attachment 1941916

And stay off of my lawn. :D

That Chesterfield Aprilia livery was goated.

There was a guy in my high school who had a 125cc in Chesterfield colours. Think it was a Max Biaggi replica. He ended up having a nasty crash on it and had both of his arms in casts.

It looked like this -

images


Biaggi's 250 for the memories/as a reference -

images


On the wings, I think they are just reducing their size and limiting updates during the season. The ride height devices are being removed, though.
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X