3d Printers South Africa

I have used ChatGPT to generate scripts for Fusion 360 with success (after persistence). Nothing as fancy as this, but the plus side is that I didn't need to use work mode, as no files were generated/downloaded.
You should try openscad, the agent updates the .scad file directly and you can refresh to see changes.
 
How do you scan objects to 3D? App or special camera?
i have tried the creality raptor, was not masively impressed
i believe there are apps that allow you to use the lidar sensor in iphones
 
I managed to get my first TPU print done, just a "stress ball" of sorts to test / play with. I had two failed tries earlier, because it turns out the tension on the spool was too tough for the extruder to pull the filament through so I ended up with some spaghetti on the first go and then "air printing" on the second go. In the end I just put some slack on the line going into the PTFE tube to ensure the extruder could grab and keep pulling it through with less resistance. I'll look at maybe putting together a dedicated TPU spool or something so I don't have to babysit the flexi plastic jobs.

TPU.gif
 
The number of printers you can do with = x + 1, where x is the number of printers you have now.
Sure. If I had the space for them :( I'd have to sell my a1 if I were to get this. And this doesn't completely replace my a1. Form the reviews it looks like the i8 can not do tpu.

Looks like a great multi color pla mashine though.
 
Sure. If I had the space for them :( I'd have to sell my a1 if I were to get this. And this doesn't completely replace my a1. Form the reviews it looks like the i8 can not do tpu.

Looks like a great multi color pla mashine though.
It is quite a specific purpose machine, yes. The multicolour on it looks amazing, but it is limited in terms of materials. For my purposes, it will add additional capacity in multicolour. I do 99% PLA and have done a little bit of PETG on occasion. I have not tried TPU yet, printers are already quite busy...
 
I’ve been working on a tool called PartForge and would appreciate some feedback from the 3D printing crowd here.

The idea is simple: if a model is too big for your printer, you can scale it, cut it into smaller pieces, and add connectors to help assemble the finished print.

Try it here: https://partforge.scorpioforge.com

The current free Lite version includes:

  • STL import with an interactive 3D view.
  • Proportional scaling by percentage or target dimension.
  • Adjustable cutting planes and repeated cuts.
  • Peg/socket connectors, separate dowels or rods, rectangular keys and experimental snap-pins.
  • Optional hollowing with adjustable wall thickness.
  • Build-volume checks, an exploded assembly preview and STL/ZIP exports.
  • Local project saving so you can pick up where you left off.
It’s independent of printer brands and slicers. Export the parts and use your usual slicer. Model processing happens locally in your browser, so your STL files aren’t uploaded to a server. No account is needed, and desktop use is recommended.

This is an early community-testing release. The geometry and exports have had automated testing, but real-world printing feedback is the next step. Snap-pins are experimental, connector fits will need testing with your printer and material, and hollowing currently has a 12,000-triangle limit per part.

I’d particularly appreciate feedback on whether the controls make sense, how exported parts behave in your slicer, and how well the connectors fit when printed. If something breaks, please share your browser, what you were trying to do, and a screenshot or sample STL if you’re allowed to share it.

A paid version with more advanced features may follow later, but the aim is to keep Lite useful and free.

Thanks to anyone willing to give it a go.
 
I am busy with a project regarding educational toys. What i need is about 5 pictures of items starting with each letter of the alphabet (where possible). I have an accepted word list already. The plan is to make either coin type disks for each with the image extruded on top or pure silhouette extrusions of each image. I need suggestions on how to do this without paying somebody or relying too much on AI. I don't want to buy an existing object pack due to licensing and incompatibility with my needs. Suggestions?
 
I am busy with a project regarding educational toys. What i need is about 5 pictures of items starting with each letter of the alphabet (where possible). I have an accepted word list already. The plan is to make either coin type disks for each with the image extruded on top or pure silhouette extrusions of each image. I need suggestions on how to do this without paying somebody or relying too much on AI. I don't want to buy an existing object pack due to licensing and incompatibility with my needs. Suggestions?
Use CAD and model it?
 
AI directed me to converting images to SVG files and extruding from Fusion 360. I am not CAD literate and the learning curve is painfully slow.
I mean it's probably time to get into then. Having a 3d printer + knowing some CAD makes a world of difference. You're no longer dependent on other people / prompting AI - you can just sit and make what you want. Taking an image into Fusion360, tracing it, extruding it...this is relatively basic CAD stuff. Honestly this just feels like the motivation / push you need to dedicate some proper time to learning a CAD package.
 
I know zero about 3d printers. Always wanted to dip my toes in. A friend of mine has been longing for one for ages now.

So, according to him, the one to get is the Bambu Lab A1 3D Printer with AMS Combo. He sent me the link from Geewiz.
I ordered it for him/myself yesterday as a birthday gift for him.

He has some knowledge on 3d printing. Guess we're gonna have to learn now.

This is what I ordered.
1790589846798.png
 
I mean it's probably time to get into then. Having a 3d printer + knowing some CAD makes a world of difference. You're no longer dependent on other people / prompting AI - you can just sit and make what you want. Taking an image into Fusion360, tracing it, extruding it...this is relatively basic CAD stuff. Honestly this just feels like the motivation / push you need to dedicate some proper time to learning a CAD package.
I hate how you're right...
 
I know zero about 3d printers. Always wanted to dip my toes in. A friend of mine has been longing for one for ages now.

So, according to him, the one to get is the Bambu Lab A1 3D Printer with AMS Combo. He sent me the link from Geewiz.
I ordered it for him/myself yesterday as a birthday gift for him.

He has some knowledge on 3d printing. Guess we're gonna have to learn now.

This is what I ordered.
View attachment 1940809
Honestly... if you can... wait until November. I bought my first 3D printer on a Black Friday deal. You might even be able to get the "next step up" which is quite a step up for close to the same price.


Both of those printers are decent options... the P1S is really nice, you basically use it like a normal printer... connect it to your network and basically click "print" and it just prints.
 
I am busy with a project regarding educational toys. What i need is about 5 pictures of items starting with each letter of the alphabet (where possible). I have an accepted word list already. The plan is to make either coin type disks for each with the image extruded on top or pure silhouette extrusions of each image. I need suggestions on how to do this without paying somebody or relying too much on AI. I don't want to buy an existing object pack due to licensing and incompatibility with my needs. Suggestions?
I would try to do this with svg files and tinkercad. Lots of tutorials on YouTube.
 
Considering between these two:

Creality K2 CFS combo
Bambu Lab P2S AMS combo

Can get the Creality for 5k less than the Bambu Lab, but in terms of usability/ working straight out of the box is the savings worth it..?
 
Considering between these two:

Creality K2 CFS combo
Bambu Lab P2S AMS combo

Can get the Creality for 5k less than the Bambu Lab, but in terms of usability/ working straight out of the box is the savings worth it..?
New tool changers are coming. K3 for example. Maybe wait a bit and see before pulling the trigger of you can.
 
Considering between these two:

Creality K2 CFS combo
Bambu Lab P2S AMS combo

Can get the Creality for 5k less than the Bambu Lab, but in terms of usability/ working straight out of the box is the savings worth it..?
I got a Snapmaker U1 and its EPIC! The tool changers are a gamechanger. My only issue is that I need to buy or build a top cover. Maybe also look at the FlashForge Creator 5 Pro?
 
I got a Snapmaker U1 and its EPIC! The tool changers are a gamechanger. My only issue is that I need to buy or build a top cover. Maybe also look at the FlashForge Creator 5 Pro?
What about filament drying/storage while loaded for printing..?

Doesn't look like the U1 has a native and seamless option here..?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X