Custom BYD Sharks launching AI-powered security drones across South Africa

Oh wow... a custom BYD bakkie with load bin racks to hold an off the shelf DJI Drone Dock that is plugged into the V2L of the BYD Shark.

How cutting edge.
I laughed at "integrated". I'm no electrician, but I also managed to integrate all kinds of electrical appliances into my home's electricity supply ... also known as plugging the damn thing in.
 
@ToxicBunny you're also overlooking the high-tech upgrade to the DJI drone dock: they applied a sticker to the side of it! That adds like 50% to the drone speed, don't you know?
 
Perhaps they can retrofit a net launcher to the drone to slow down suspected suspects until the police arrives. All within a legal framework however.
 
@ToxicBunny you're also overlooking the high-tech upgrade to the DJI drone dock: they applied a sticker to the side of it! That adds like 50% to the drone speed, don't you know?

Only speed? Damn, I thought the sticker made the battery last 10x longer.

Oh well, next sticker upgrade then.
 
Perhaps they can retrofit a net launcher to the drone to slow down suspected suspects until the police arrives. All within a legal framework however.
Retrofit ... you mean "tie on"? You gotta simplify that advanced technical lingo there. However, if you're looking for a job, I know a company ready to hire you :P
 
Oh wow... a custom BYD bakkie with load bin racks to hold an off the shelf DJI Drone Dock that is plugged into the V2L of the BYD Shark.

How cutting edge.
with Ford, that will be R150k for the "custom" load bin racks for your Raptor.

For me, I would just use a cooler, with some foam in it to hold the drone and some bungee cords to hold cooler box in place
 
Perhaps they can retrofit a net launcher to the drone to slow down suspected suspects until the police arrives. All within a legal framework however.
I prefer the tranquilizer dart option. nail them like elephants
 
Oh wow... a custom BYD bakkie with load bin racks to hold an off the shelf DJI Drone Dock that is plugged into the V2L of the BYD Shark.

How cutting edge.
Have you seen the setup ? There's a bit more to it. Theres a comms setup with rf and 5G as well as an additional power backup for longer deployments
 
with Ford, that will be R150k for the "custom" load bin racks for your Raptor.

For me, I would just use a cooler, with some foam in it to hold the drone and some bungee cords to hold cooler box in place
If you take a look at their LinkedIn page they have kitted out a Ford Ranger
 
how does that work?
There's more kit in the load bin. In order for them to fly remotely (and compliantly) they need reliable comms and the ability to broadcast to and listen if there is nearby air traffic. So there's a airband radio, RoIP gateway and industrial router plus an inverter tie in configured to get power either from the v2l and socket inside the load bin.
 
There's more kit in the load bin. In order for them to fly remotely (and compliantly) they need reliable comms and the ability to broadcast to and listen if there is nearby air traffic. So there's a airband radio, RoIP gateway and industrial router plus an inverter tie in configured to get power either from the v2l and socket inside the load bin.
I highlighted the additional power comment. I wasn't asking about comms.
 
I highlighted the additional power comment. I wasn't asking about comms.
Apologies, the additional inverter is seen as a tie in to supplement the input from the v2l. It seems that the v2l cuts out at a certain time and there is also a need to reserve battery capacity for driving and not only powering the equipment in the back.
 
Apologies, the additional inverter is seen as a tie in to supplement the input from the v2l. It seems that the v2l cuts out at a certain time and there is also a need to reserve battery capacity for driving and not only powering the equipment in the back.
Surely they are limited to the flight time of the dji drone which I would imagine is not very long.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X