Home Assistant : Q&A, Tips & Tricks, Your Configs

I try to remember to grab backups too and upload them to cloud storage, I sometimes forget for too long though.

I still really want them to just implement an automated nightly backup that could just do this automatically, either to a local smb share or a cloud service.
You can add smb and multiple cloud providers in HA now. I backup to local, nas and onedrive automatically.
1790005493601.png


Just go settings -> system -> backup
You can then configure all the settings and number of backups on each system, etc...
 
Yea just reminds me i have not done a DD/clone of that disk

Will i heed the warning :)
 
Yea just reminds me i have not done a DD/clone of that disk

Will i heed the warning :)
i was able to clone the micro sd so now have an image backed up - but yes this needs to be done regularly. I now need t find a reasonably priced pi....
 
i was able to clone the micro sd so now have an image backed up - but yes this needs to be done regularly. I now need t find a reasonably priced pi....
Yea 2w sold out
W single core a bit too slow



Only other affordable option

Can always bypass the usb limitation with a hub
 
Not ready for that yet.
Just now it chops my head off with the garage door :laugh:
I don't know how you guys are comfortable with that, the crap I've seen AI tell me to do i would never give it access to my servers.

I ask for planning first, before implementing.

anyways, its mostly automations and notifications and UI stuff I have done using Claude
 
For anyone using PVOutput.org or you want to but it's been too much of a pain to setup, I've created an integration (well it was mainly Claude) which makes it really easy to get started.

Requirements:

- A power entity in HA for your PV output.
- HACS will make installing and updating easier but you can install manually.

If you want to test it out all you need is to set up an account at pvoutput.org and create a system.

Then:

1. In your PVoutput account settings, scroll to the bottom where the API section is, generate a new key and set API access to "Enabled". You'll need the API key and the System Id below.
2. In Home Assistant, open HACS.
3. Select the top right elipsis menu and click "Custom repositories"
4. Paste in https://github.com/drzoidberg33/PVOutput-Bridge to the Repository input and set Type to "Integration".
5. Hit Add.
6. Now in HACS, search for "PVOutput Bridge" and install it.
7. Restart Home Assistant.
8. In Home Assistant, go to Settings -> Devices & Services -> Add Integration.
9. Search for "PVOutput Bridge" and select it.
10. Enter your PVOutput API key and System Id from earlier.
11. It should take you to the config screen, if it doesn't then make sure your PVAccount has "API Access" enabled and try again.
12. Select the entities you want to send up.
13. Submit.

Now it should start up and run in the background uploading your stats to the interval you set. You can visit the pvoutput.org site and go to "Your Outputs" to see if it's working properly.

This integration has been tested for about an hour, so consider this experimental.

View attachment 1902821
I've been using this since I posted it here, been working pretty much flawlessly and I wouldn't consider it "experimental" anymore.
 
Yea 2w sold out
W single core a bit too slow



Only other affordable option

Can always bypass the usb limitation with a hub
In the interim I have activated the Solarman integration into HA and its working really well - got basic dashboard data showing again.
 
I think that Repo is Private, we cannot see it...

Since it is your home-assistant-config - It is best to put the content you want to share on a https://gist.github.com/

I've made it public now.

The repo doesn't contain my full config. I set up the repo when I was working on a solar monitor for my inverter with someone else. I figured it would be useful in the future for publishing any cool projects or tricky things so it's perfectly fine being being full open. I just forgot that I hadn't made it public.
 
Yes, it is a Nemtek Merlin energiser. Here is a github link to all the info. Hope that helps someone.
Reading your solar config/README, I thought you might also be interested in my conversion of the ShineWifi-F dongle to run ESPHome directly: https://powerforum.co.za/topic/32073-growatt-shinewifi-f-reflashed-with-esphome/

Also, as an alternative to including the modbus configuration in the dongle (and running out of memory when it gets too complex), it is now possible to configure the ESPHome dongle as a "remote serial port" for Home Assistant, then do all the modbus configuration in HA. That brings the memory requirement on the dongle down, because all it is doing is shuffling bytes around, not doing any interpretation of them at all.
 
My first foray into building something custom for Home Assistant.

1790693168569.png

Right now it's just doing some basic calculations based on rising temperature of the room and lowering the time accordingly, but my plan it to actually have a probe living inside the dough.

I have one of those cheap biltong box things I reckon should make a pretty good fermentation chamber.
 
My first foray into building something custom for Home Assistant.

View attachment 1941276

Right now it's just doing some basic calculations based on rising temperature of the room and lowering the time accordingly, but my plan it to actually have a probe living inside the dough.

I have one of those cheap biltong box things I reckon should make a pretty good fermentation chamber.
Yea i can imagine that a probe would be best to know exactly where iit is at

My wife was working on timer for the folds

In the end what made the biggest difference for her was a dutch oven

Preheated kak warm
Then first portion baked in at kak warm temp 230c 23min

We use a silpat to lower into pot
Also shields the bottom a bit

Then last portion baked outside at reduced temp 200c 20min

Traditional oven not thermofan
 
Yea i can imagine that a probe would be best to know exactly where iit is at

My wife was working on timer for the folds

In the end what made the biggest difference for her was a dutch oven

Preheated kak warm
Then first portion baked in at kak warm temp 230c 23min

We use a silpat to lower into pot
Also shields the bottom a bit

Then last portion baked outside at reduced temp 200c 20min

Traditional oven not thermofan

Yeah I’ve long since given up on the folding nonsense and use and inverted Dutch oven.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X