Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 7

Our power came on a couple minutes ago but we’re still without internet. Do we need to give it some more time?
 
Our power came on a couple minutes ago but we’re still without internet. Do we need to give it some more time?

[mention]CoolEscalator [/mention] we’re still offline and it’s been about 25min now. OpenServe durbanville

Unable to log in to support via my phone cos it says my IP is banned. Need assistance with this please

We finally came back online
 
Last edited:
[mention]CoolEscalator [/mention] we’re still offline and it’s been about 25min now. OpenServe durbanville

Unable to log in to support via my phone cos it says my IP is banned. Need assistance with this please

We finally came back online
Hi there, apologies for missing this .
Yes there appears to have been a few areas down in CPT due to power failure.
I believe it was restored around 20:30, but not sure why you remained down. Glad you are back up though :)
 
Last edited:
Hello @CoolEscalator

I'd appreciate it if you could escalate my ticket

#COOL-20260928-2791847

I've been a bit slow to respond to the technician so no blame on them :)
 
Hello @CoolEscalator

I'd appreciate it if you could escalate my ticket

#COOL-20260928-2791847

I've been a bit slow to respond to the technician so no blame on them :)
HI there, we have been dealing with another customer regarding the same IPTV service as well(they mentioned your case to me)
We did actually make a routing change a few minutes ago, in hopes that the route via London is more stable for this destination
However since this issue seems to happen intermittently, and seems to happen over other ISP's as well.
There is not much we can do regarding IPTV services, but I have tried and spent a considerrable amount of time the last few days on this already, and hopefully the changes made has improve things somewhat.

Let me know?
 
HI there, we have been dealing with another customer regarding the same IPTV service as well(they mentioned your case to me)
We did actually make a routing change a few minutes ago, in hopes that the route via London is more stable for this destination
However since this issue seems to happen intermittently, and seems to happen over other ISP's as well.
There is not much we can do regarding IPTV services, but I have tried and spent a considerrable amount of time the last few days on this already, and hopefully the changes made has improve things somewhat.

Let me know?
Thanks so much for the feedback and effort you've put into this.

Unfortunately the changes do not seem to have helped.

I was avoiding having to use a VPN but if you've exhausted all other options I'll use that route.
 
Thanks so much for the feedback and effort you've put into this.

Unfortunately the changes do not seem to have helped.

I was avoiding having to use a VPN but if you've exhausted all other options I'll use that route.
thank you for the feedback.
If there are any further developments, ill be sure to let you know when possible.
This issue is quite intermittent, so its difficult to pinpoint with so many variables at play.
But if a VPN works , I would recommend that in the meantime.
 
HI there, apolgoies, it looks like there was an issue on LIS <>LON a few mins ago, seems to have restored
I don't think its a once off. It's being happening on & off for about a week and 1/2 now in wow - I signed up for exitlag to avoid it. I only started playing about 2 to 3 weeks.
 
I don't think its a once off. It's being happening on & off for about a week and 1/2 now in wow - I signed up for exitlag to avoid it. I only started playing about 2 to 3 weeks.
Yeah we are busy looking at alternatives as well. Apologies
 
I don't think its a once off. It's being happening on & off for about a week and 1/2 now in wow - I signed up for exitlag to avoid it. I only started playing about 2 to 3 weeks.
I had a DM chat with CoolEscalator the other day. The madvpn.cisp.co.za VPN (JHB → LIS → MAD) is also having issues, and the ping has been really high since the host swap that just happened. I’m also using a 3rd party VPN called GearUP Booster now.

I guess there are a few problems with the VPNs at the moment... :(
 
I had a DM chat with CoolEscalator the other day. The madvpn.cisp.co.za VPN (JHB → LIS → MAD) is also having issues, and the ping has been really high since the host swap that just happened. I’m also using a 3rd party VPN called GearUP Booster now.

I guess there are a few problems with the VPNs at the moment... :(
Yeah so the old host used to be 129ms roughly, but latency in madrid seems to have gone up by a few ms to 133.
Due to packet loss on the old host, we had to swop over to another host which has no packet loss issues, the only caviat is that this host is around 5ms higher than the previous host, so 138ms is around what to expect before adding your local latency.
At least this VPN has no loss issues, but there is the latency trade off ofcourse. :(

So madvpn.cisp.co.za and madcptvpn.co.za is with the same host.
madcptvpn is pointed to the exact same IP as madcptvpn2 now so no need to use madcptvpn2 anymore

Madvpn.cisp.co.za ->Via paratus
Madcptvpn.cisp.co.za --> via Equiano
The host change happened yesterday for those interested .
 
Last edited:
Yeah so the old host used to be 129ms roughly, but latency in madrid seems to have gone up by a few ms to 133.
Due to packet loss on the old host, we had to swop over to another host which has no packet loss issues, the only caviat is that this host is around 5ms higher than the previous host, so 138ms is around what to expect before adding your local latency.
At least this VPN has no loss issues, but there is the latency trade off ofcourse. :(

So madvpn.cisp.co.za and madcptvpn.co.za is with the same host.
madcptvpn is pointed to the exact same IP as madcptvpn2 now so no need to use madcptvpn2 anymore

Madvpn.cisp.co.za ->Via paratus
Madcptvpn.cisp.co.za --> via Equiano
The host change happened yesterday for those interested .
Actually @sp4rkz , the latency has actually gone back now to normal in madrid, only noticed this now
Since 13:34pm yesterday, its on 133/134ms, instead of 138ms via Paratus
So now the only latency difference is the new host being 5ms higher than the previous one
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X