3d Printers South Africa

New tool changers are coming. K3 for example. Maybe wait a bit and see before pulling the trigger of you can.
The K3 will be sold for around 20k - confirmed with Oom Creality at their Comic Con stall. K3 does look very interesting. I would recommend the Snapmaker U1 in a heartbeat, though, if you are in that price range.
 
What about filament drying/storage while loaded for printing..?

Doesn't look like the U1 has a native and seamless option here..?
I have a filament dryer so that doesnt bother me to be honest I dont need it much anyway. Ive only really had to dry TPU once.
 
I’ve been working on a tool called PartForge and would appreciate some feedback from the 3D printing crowd here.

The idea is simple: if a model is too big for your printer, you can scale it, cut it into smaller pieces, and add connectors to help assemble the finished print.

Try it here: https://partforge.scorpioforge.com

The current free Lite version includes:

  • STL import with an interactive 3D view.
  • Proportional scaling by percentage or target dimension.
  • Adjustable cutting planes and repeated cuts.
  • Peg/socket connectors, separate dowels or rods, rectangular keys and experimental snap-pins.
  • Optional hollowing with adjustable wall thickness.
  • Build-volume checks, an exploded assembly preview and STL/ZIP exports.
  • Local project saving so you can pick up where you left off.
It’s independent of printer brands and slicers. Export the parts and use your usual slicer. Model processing happens locally in your browser, so your STL files aren’t uploaded to a server. No account is needed, and desktop use is recommended.

This is an early community-testing release. The geometry and exports have had automated testing, but real-world printing feedback is the next step. Snap-pins are experimental, connector fits will need testing with your printer and material, and hollowing currently has a 12,000-triangle limit per part.

I’d particularly appreciate feedback on whether the controls make sense, how exported parts behave in your slicer, and how well the connectors fit when printed. If something breaks, please share your browser, what you were trying to do, and a screenshot or sample STL if you’re allowed to share it.

A paid version with more advanced features may follow later, but the aim is to keep Lite useful and free.

Thanks to anyone willing to give it a go.
this is awesome thanks for sharing!

should be great for my A1 Mini

I will give it a go when i have a chance

edit: does it support step files?
 
Last edited:
I hate how you're right...
I did a walkthrough on youtube for Autodesk Fusion. Maybe 5 videos where you design a fishing reel. I didn't even finish the series. That was enough to get me going, once you get your foot in the door, you can learn more from there. It's just a matter of getting used to some of the terms, and starting to think in CAD.

Granted, that was after maybe 4 false starts over the years to learn CAD. The 3d printer was the push I needed.
 
this is awesome thanks for sharing!

should be great for my A1 Mini

I will give it a go when i have a chance

edit: does it support step files?
I've updated the tool so you can import step files now. I actually don't have any step files, so I haven't tested it. You can try it out and let me know if there are issues.
 
Printed some fan ducts for the Lian Li today

1790966528983.png

Yeah yeah, cable management looks almost as bad as your typical Eskom substation, I know...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X