UNIQ Clothing by Checkers expands footprint to 50 stores

Smiggles

Honorary Master
Joined
Feb 4, 2025
Messages
11,828
Reaction score
19,767
Location
Now, the time has come to part
UNIQ Clothing by Checkers has reached a milestone of 50 stores with the opening of its newest location in Sea Point, Cape Town. This marks a significant moment for a brand that is redefining what customers can expect from everyday clothing.

In just over three years, the clothing brand has established a presence in eight provinces, opening 13 new stores in the past financial year. This momentum reflects the strong customer demand for well-made clothing that delivers on quality and style without the premium price tag.
 
The clothes look pretty decent, not particularly cheap though.
 
Is this a Uniqlo rebranding for SA?I really like Uniqlo clothes
 
Spitballing or you've actually worn their clothes?
I don't need to 'wear it'.

I've seen it, felt it, in store.

Meh. It's cheap and nasty material.
It will either shrink on washing, or crinkle badly.
We are getting the dregs of Chinese and Indian manufacturing here.

Travel to any Western country and check their lower budget clothing.
You can tell that our clothing is sub-standard to that even.
 
Looks like Jet or Pep.
Disposable junk.
I disagree, the quality is head and shoulders over those cheapie retailers incl Mr Price but you are paying for that increased quality for a brand that isn't particularly desirable. It looks decent, it’s like Woolworths clothing quality, pretty boring but it'll typically last well.
 
Is this a Uniqlo rebranding for SA?I really like Uniqlo clothes
Nothing like it aside from attempting to portray the concept of doing basics well. Unfortunately the basics are generally very low quality but worse still, the cuts are really strange - boxy, overly long, overly short. Nothing sold there pulls above its price point. You won’t find any bargain selvedge for instance, no high quality base layers and puffers.

They’re probably using a supplier for large US supermarkets. Think George at Asda/Walmart. Fine in a pinch and certainly better than the pisstaking Woolworths has resorted to for similar stuff.

I filled a suitcase in Uniqlo last week. Far more costly than in previous years but still worth it.
 
I have a few of their garments. I got what I wanted and pricing felt okay at the time.
 
I don't need to 'wear it'.

I've seen it, felt it, in store.

Meh. It's cheap and nasty material.
It will either shrink on washing, or crinkle badly.
We are getting the dregs of Chinese and Indian manufacturing here.

Travel to any Western country and check their lower budget clothing.
You can tell that our clothing is sub-standard to that even.

Nope, your actually talking nonsense.

Please tell me more about these overseas brands.

I bought a cape union mart jacket over 20 years ago and I am still wearing it.
 
UNIQ always confuses me with the Japanese international clothing brand, UNIQLO.
 
I don't think I've ever stepped inside one.
My budget is PnP clothes so I usually don't step inside any store if clothes are arranged way too nicely because that is generally a certainty that clothes are expensive. But someone told me that clothes in UNIQ are mostly made in Indian sub-continent so not sure why it would be expensive.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X