R140 for a full charge in 2026 or a full tank of petrol in 2000

One thing I'm wondering is what companies will do with regards to travel claims.

Currently when I visit a client I claim back those kms.

If I decide to buy an EV, then I will be able to pocket a lot more.

Will they eventually create a new category for EVs?

Interesting point but those claims also include maintenance and cost of ownership as a whole so it should really even out per kilometre.

Shouldn't really matter on the "how" just that it's a personal expense.
 
Interesting point but those claims also include maintenance and cost of ownership as a whole so it should really even out per kilometre.

Shouldn't really matter on the "how" just that it's a personal expense.
CATL are making batteries in Europe with 15 year warranty's now.
 
Nice breakdown, they even have a section for LPG cars.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens here.
With the current government efficiency you might have to wait 20 years or more for it to be finalised, and then anther 20 for it to be introduced. Kind of like the analogue shut off, and the 10 year license validity, both of which are coming "real soon now" for implementation.
 
How many more times is this story going to go around? I would also like to know how many ev drivers buy electricity directly from eskom? Most ev drivers live in urban areas and municipal tariffs are higher than R3.56/kWh...
 
How many more times is this story going to go around? I would also like to know how many ev drivers buy electricity directly from eskom? Most ev drivers live in urban areas and municipal tariffs are higher than R3.56/kWh...

Heh? My electricity in City of Cape Town is R3.56 per kWh.
 
I wont lie buying the E2 geely. Best decision ever. Things are bad when you see the Golf Rs driving quietly ... vrrrrrpha = R300
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X