[USA] Ex-Cornell student sues fraternity members and college over alleged gang rape and claims several were punished with essay-writing

OK.

And? Do you think there is TWO sides to this story?
Based on those videos I definitely think there two sides to this, her initial statements on the encounter certainly dont square with her later accusation of gang rape.
 
I dispute that i have ever attacked you personally. If something i have said to you comes across as a personal attack then I apologize. I will not apologize for attacking your views and opinions, those are fair game.
Very fine line...mostly invisible.

"You're p0es" vs. "you sound like a p0es."

But you do you. It's an anonymous forum, so all water off of a ducks back at the end of the day.
 
Quote the offending post(s) if you would.. I call BS on saying anything like that.
Like what?

PLEASE don't tell me you took my rhetorical, LITERALLY??

Or should I explain it to you?

I've had some delicious and strong mokka pot coffee already...how about you, my friend?
 
Just a interesting ad on, most people don't think of it this way. Unless you are driving using drugs are not illegal.

Being high is not a crime . Drug crimes are possession and dealing. If you just use all your drugs then there's no possession.

The accusation that they did drugs means nothing.
Yes, I agree, not illegal. But their expulsions where not because of criminality or breaking “the law” , they were for code of conduct violations - and using drugs on campus can definitely be a code of conduct violation.
 
Like what?

PLEASE don't tell me you took my rhetorical, LITERALLY??

I've had some delicious and strong mokka pot coffee already...how about you, my friend?
Ah, okay, i get it, personally offended troll is a new persona for you.. I thought you might actually be serious about these personal attacks, but it seems that it was just more made up nonsense, carry on.
 
Ah, okay, i get it, personally offended troll is a new persona for you.. I thought you might actually be serious about these personal attacks, but it seems that it was just more made up nonsense, carry on.
Looks like you definitely missed my point.

Whether on purpose or not...who can say? I do realize that there could be a "lost in translation" moment between typed text and a face-to-face conversation. Let's hope that's the case here.

Would you like an attempt to clear up this hopefully misunderstanding, or will I be met with another barrage?
 
Looks like you definitely missed my point.

Whether on purpose or not...who can say? I do realize that there could be a "lost in translation" moment between typed text and a face-to-face conversation. Let's hope that's the case here.

Would you like an attempt to clear up this hopefully misunderstanding, or will I be met with another barrage?
Sure, that is why I asked for an example.
 
Sure, that is why I asked for an example.
No we have to go back further...to my ANALOGY.

Which was:

"There is a very thin line between a personal attack and an attack on someone views."

It is just a statement of fact.

Quite frankly I couldn't care about either, since this forum is anonymous and you and I couldn't really give a schit about each other or each other's feel feels.

I let myself get dragged into these petty pointless squabbles more often than I should, but no one EVER changes someone's mind or viewpoint on the internet, now do they?

One VERY rarely have a constructive discussion with someone that has a marked difference of opinion than yours.

So anyway...see you in the Series and Movie threads.
 
Which was:

"There is a very thin line between a personal attack and an attack on someone views."

It is just a statement of fact.
Sure. But your accusation didn't give me any benefit of the doubt and am still waiting for an example so we can discuss. I offered to apologize if I went too far or if it came across the wrong way, but am not going entertain this unless you give me an actual example.

Quite frankly I couldn't care about either, since this forum is anonymous and you and I couldn't really give a schit about each other or each other's feel feels.
Speak for yourself, as much as I disagree with most of your views I have zero interest in attacking you as a person.. However, irrespective, I do care about facts and if you are going to accuse someone of something, it seems like you should be willing to have evidence of your accusation.

So anyway...see you in the Series and Movie threads.
:thumbsup:
 
@Cray

Couldn't quote your post above as it consists only out of...quotes.

Here's a few. But you will claim these are only observations and statements, not "personal attacks", so I'm not sure why I'm still getting sucked in here.

Yes, you have a history of ignoring anythng you disagree

Anbother Friday, another day where you just w

another day where you just want to view the world in black and white

Some people are immune to facts, I always suspected it of you

Do yourself, and I think many in this thread, a favor and don't bother to respond with your already projected rebuttal.

We will NEVER agree on this.

It will be a exercise in futility.
 
@Cray

Couldn't quote your post above as it consists only out of...quotes.

Here's a few. But you will claim these are only observations and statements, not "personal attacks", so I'm not sure why I'm still getting sucked in here.
Those are all making comments on your views and attitude to things you disagree with, if you took those as personal attacks then perhaps the internet isnt for you.

Do yourself, and I think many in this thread, a favor and don't bother to respond with your already projected rebuttal.
Perhaps ill do both of us a favour and disregard all your posts going forward, you won't have to worry about annoying facts that might upset your world view and I wont have to worry that something I say might be regarded as a personal attack, adieu.
 
How do you hold other men accountable for sleeping with random loose women.

When we did this in the past it was, with a ultra conservative Christian society. This goes against everything you lefties want. So can you please make up your mind. Are we going back to the 1960s?

Or is this just dependent on whether the incident starts trending on tictok enough to cause emotions?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X