Jehovah's Witness lifts ban on blood transfusions

@lexity , none of it would make a dent iro any future attempts with exaggerated medical enforcement efforts - any new circumstances would be judged on their own apparent merits.

How could you prove intent with something like this JW transfusion change suspicion of yours anyway? All it can do is add to your collection of possibilities.. which can cause its own bias if one doesn't watch each step we make.
 
I'm shocked. It was widely publisised and discussed.



Good timing, there's more to this than generally known.



Turns out it wasn't his quote, he actually died just before Covid became official then.

But still appears to have some merit.

View attachment 1942696
Brian_G just start a new thread : 'Karry Mullis's claims re: HIV/AIDS and PCR," in the Convid section.

Then we can discuss it without risking shutting this thread down.

If what we discover is relevant, we can mention it again on this thread, as far as it pertains to JWs and blood donations/transfusions.

Sound like a good idea?
 
Good on them for moving in this direction. A tough but correct decision in my view. Not even the biggest doctrinal shift of recent church history. Catholic church still holds that crown for changing their doctrine on infants who died before they could be baptized no longer being damned. That one lived in Catholic doctrine for far too long based on a misunderstanding of some scripture. Also glad they moved in the right direction on that one.
 
More than most this religion seems severe in its view of God as this strict, stern school principle with his rigid rules and cane at the ready.

Attended an online meeting once and man...you come away feeling sorry for these people - especially those in it from birth.

On the flip side, I've seen their camaraderie firsthand. One JW can walk up to a complete stranger doing field service in another country, greet them with a hug, chat like old friends, and offer them help or even a place to stay. They seem to rally around members in need (caveat: emphasis on personal accountability though) and much of their work is done by volunteers. I guess many of them find purpose and belonging in it.

I'm personally unsure of them on the whole.

I mean let's be real, how many forumites here would give me a hug. I'd probably be kicked to the curb :p
 
On the flip side, I've seen their camaraderie firsthand. One JW can walk up to a complete stranger doing field service in another country, greet them with a hug, chat like old friends, and offer them help or even a place to stay. They seem to rally around members in need and much of their work is done by volunteers. I guess many of them find purpose and belonging in it.

I'm personally unsure of them on the whole.

I mean let's be real, how many forumites here would give me a hug. I'd probably be kicked to the curb :p

I've always thought they'd be well suited to cold calling/call centre type work. They are used to contacting people who don't want to be contacted and being told to **** off.
 
On the flip side, I've seen their camaraderie firsthand. One JW can walk up to a complete stranger doing field service in another country, greet them with a hug, chat like old friends, and offer them help or even a place to stay. They seem to rally around members in need and much of their work is done by volunteers. I guess many of them find purpose and belonging in it.

I'm personally unsure of them on the whole.

I mean let's be real, how many forumites here would give me a hug. I'd probably be kicked to the curb :p
Yeah - there's not really much available outside a decent church that regularly brings you into contact with a large group of people like that who support each other.
 
Brian_G just start a new thread : 'Karry Mullis's claims re: HIV/AIDS and PCR," in the Convid section.

Then we can discuss it without risking shutting this thread down.

If what we discover is relevant, we can mention it again on this thread, as far as it pertains to JWs and blood donations/transfusions.

Sound like a good idea?

Convid section doesn't allow new threads. Or I'm not here long enough yet. Anyway, covered enough maybe... for now.
 
Not to bash religion... but how does something like this not totally open your eyes about it? How many people suffered and died because they were not allowed a blood transfusion for the fear of burning in hell for eternity... only for the church to change their mind a bit later.... oops sorry we changed our mind.
 
Not to bash religion... but how does something like this not totally open your eyes about it? How many people suffered and died because they were not allowed a blood transfusion for the fear of burning in hell for eternity... only for the church to change their mind a bit later.... oops sorry we changed our mind.

What gets me is that there's no such threat in the bible, I've asked many Christians to show me where. All they mainly find is "and the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever"; smoke rising suggests it's rather about the long term memory or record of any punishments.
The rest I've seen appears to be possibly partially related discussions by people in the book with each other.

Why would a God create zillions of souls and then merely due to child like disobedience torture them forever. Ridiculous. Insane really.
And then why not make it clear as bells in the user manual?


Fear is a powerful tool.
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X