Way to tip car guards and petrol attendants without cash in South Africa

at R30 a litre my only tip for petrol attendants comes in the form of life advice

car guards are a nuisance, they get f-all, not even advice ... the only exception is those cases where the "car guard" himself looks so dodge you just know if you don't tip you might get mugged ... by him!
 
Life has been good to me - I have no issue giving a few rand to a petrol attendant or car guard. But the payment system needs to be sorted properly. Random tapping is only going to lead to more issues. And the calculation in the article is wrong - the R2.70 is not per tip as presented - its per withdrawal (so multiple tips can be withdrawn in one transaction for one R2.70 fee)
 
at R30 a litre my only tip for petrol attendants comes in the form of life advice

car guards are a nuisance, they get f-all, not even advice ... the only exception is those cases where the "car guard" himself looks so dodge you just know if you don't tip you might get mugged ... by him!

I just came here for this, at R30 a liter tipping is reserved only for the rich.
 
I also do not usually tip a car guard, but one time I did not minding doing so. I parked at Cresta Shopping Center in Randburg. When i exited the mall, on my way to my car, the car guard helped me with my parcels and said that I must drive safe back home. He also said that my car, for which he gave the colour, make, model and registration number is still where I left it. He then pointed in the direction of the car when I asked him where I was parked. This after I have been in the mall for a significant amount of time.
 
Tips when I feel like tipping, definitely not if the guard harasses us.

Cash only, like it's always been.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X