BMW launching electric 3-series with 912km range in South Africa

I'm sure it will be a phenomenal drive. I drove the i5 a year or two ago and it almost tore my face off under acceleration.

From a looks perspective, it isn't horrible. At least, compared to the current models with that gopping front end. Had I the moola, I could certainly see myself getting one. Especially if real world range is on a par with ICE derivatives.
 
It seems to me that almost all electric vehicles first have to go through the Fisher Price treatment before being sold.
 
If the price is right, this thing will sell.

But suspect it will probably be near R2m
 
  • Like
Reactions: SHL
It's impossible to be "near R2 mill".

The new iX3 has the same Neue Klasse platform & is priced higher.



I would say the bigger battery option (i3) would be about R1.45 mill side.
Remember this is a german car, those prices are merely starting prices, the options lists are enormous and expensive, so it's very likely that a midspec car will be closer to R2m than not.

One thing about the Chinese is they give you what they advertise on paper. An entry level spec and a higher grade spec with all the bells and whistles you want and maybe some paid paint options. Not a base car with a 100 page novel of things you have to check off in order to get what they advertise and send to reviewers.
 
Remember this is a german car, those prices are merely starting prices, the options lists are enormous and expensive, so it's very likely that a midspec car will be closer to R2m than not.

One thing about the Chinese is they give you what they advertise on paper. An entry level spec and a higher grade spec with all the bells and whistles you want and maybe some paid paint options. Not a base car with a 100 page novel of things you have to check off in order to get what they advertise and send to reviewers.
Not gonna argue with you but it cannot be "close to R2 mill" for a "normal" spec car. I just shared Exhibit A, like for like the new gen iX3 will & is priced higher, it is positioned higher. Using said iX3 as a baseline you take the iX3 price & minus 10%-15% (roughly) & you get your i3 price.

I like accuracy (within reason) & R2 mill is just a nope.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X