BMW launching electric 3-series with 912km range in South Africa

Not gonna argue with you but it cannot be "close to R2 mill" for a "normal" spec car. I just shared Exhibit A, like for like the new gen iX3 will & is priced higher, it is positioned higher. Using said iX3 as a baseline you take the iX3 price & minus 10%-15% (roughly) & you get your i3 price.

I like accuracy (within reason) & R2 mill is just a nope.
You can like accuracy all you want, fact remains even if the starting price is R1.4m, reality is the actual price most buyers will pay us closer to R2m than that. Options lists on BMWs aren't cheap.
 
Too expensive
many decades of hosing ZA consumers courtesy of APDP that enables it won't go away any time soon sadly
BMW hikes car prices annually like clockwork despite dwindling sales as China enters the chat

fun fact: BMW aggressively dropped new car pricing in China where the locals started shunning BMW in favour of the many local brands, so it can be done, and yet South Africans continue to get hosed instead
 
...if I had the dosh I would drive this. Who doesn't want an EV with that kind of range. Nothing wrong with looks IMO.

^This, if I had the moola I'd buy this for me, and an iX3 50 for my wife. This range would be absolutely perfect.
 
*Me judging the aesthetics of the car knowing I can't afford it anyway.

giphy.gif
 
*Me judging the aesthetics of the car knowing I can't afford it anyway.

giphy.gif
driving them is even better, had a track day once where I got to drive a Lambo Gallardo, Audi R8 and Nissan GTR back to back

of course I couldn't afford any of the three, but it made me feel better knowing that two of them drive like shyte anyway :ROFL:
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X