Has plague returned to Siberia? Panic in Russia after death of lab worker

between Ebola, plague and Covid its a miracle we dont walk around in biohazard suits

One of your ultra-Orthodox brothers,

jpOezc5.jpg
 
Why is Siberia special?
The US records around 7 cases a year while 10 countries reported nearly 4,000 human plague cases and 423 deaths from 2019 to 2025 with the majority occurring in Africa (particularly Madagascar and the Democratic Republic of Congo) as well as parts of Asia and the Americas.
 
There's no new virus. Whatever happened in that lab released a known bacteria with known management and treatment.

As was mentioned earlier, it is a bacterium, not a virus.

The difference may be that it has been genetically modified to weaponise it.
 
You most probably did. Just, like many, you didn't have any symptoms.

Should have got yourself tested so we could prove it either way.

I attended what turned out to be a super-spreader when they briefly let us out of our cage at one point (was during Alpha IIRC). I was hugging and kissing people I hadn't seen in months. About 2/3rds of the people there got it out of around 30 or so. I went for a test (the only one I took during covid) as soon as whatsapp started lighting up with people going down and I was negative. /shrug

Other than that, normal societal interactions throughout and nothing. I did have a monster flu in June of 2019 which was probably the worst I've ever had. There was a thread about that strain on here but can't find it now.
 
I attended what turned out to be a super-spreader when they briefly let us out of our cage at one point (was during Alpha IIRC). I was hugging and kissing people I hadn't seen in months. About 2/3rds of the people there got it out of around 30 or so. I went for a test (the only one I took during covid) as soon as whatsapp started lighting up with people going down and I was negative. /shrug

Other than that, normal societal interactions throughout and nothing. I did have a monster flu in June of 2019 which was probably the worst I've ever had. There was a thread about that strain on here but can't find it now.

I had the absolute worst flu of my life in August 2019. Absolutely felt like death. I've often wondered about that one...
 
I attended what turned out to be a super-spreader when they briefly let us out of our cage at one point (was during Alpha IIRC). I was hugging and kissing people I hadn't seen in months. About 2/3rds of the people there got it out of around 30 or so. I went for a test (the only one I took during covid) as soon as whatsapp started lighting up with people going down and I was negative. /shrug

Other than that, normal societal interactions throughout and nothing. I did have a monster flu in June of 2019 which was probably the worst I've ever had. There was a thread about that strain on here but can't find it now.

Like I said, many people got it but were asymptomatic. Just another aspect of the strangeness that was COVID.

PS - the point being is that the fact that you seemingly didn't get it at that event, doesn't mean that you didn't get it afterwards.

And 20/30 shows just how contagious it was - and having a vaccine never meant you didn't get it; just that the effects would be reduced.
 
I had the absolute worst flu of my life in August 2019. Absolutely felt like death. I've often wondered about that one...

Indeed. 6 days of unbearable fever and delirium, followed by another 2 weeks of feeling like death for me. I remember clearly when that fever broke. I rolled over in bed with sheets of sweat coming off me and it was like a switch had gone off. I was so out of it I was convinced for some reason that I was on the floor next to my bed - fever dreams 101.
 
Indeed. 6 days of unbearable fever and delirium, followed by another 2 weeks of feeling like death for me. I remember clearly when that fever broke. I rolled over in bed with sheets of sweat coming off me and it was like a switch had gone off. I was so out of it I was convinced for some reason that I was on the floor next to my bed - fever dreams 101.

Similar experience on my side. I can't recall ever having felt as sick as then, and haven't since either.
 
I did have a monster flu in June of 2019 which was probably the worst I've ever had. There was a thread about that strain on here but can't find it now.

Just as the Covid lockdown I got sick. Tested for Covid and was negative.

Apparently it was a strain of flu. If it was the same one you had, can attest to it being insane
 
I had the absolute worst flu of my life in August 2019. Absolutely felt like death. I've often wondered about that one...
SO and I got monster flu towards the end of 2019. I still believe that was Covid 19. I think I wrote about the experience in another thread.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X