3d Printers South Africa

I have taken the gamble on the i8 on Indiegogo and paid less for it than my Ender 3 V3 KE cost me. I know that it might very well be risky, but on paper it is way better than the i7.

The crowdfunding marketing scheme is still ongoing, you can get it for USD309 + shipping of USD35. The super early bird offer was USD 289 plus shipping.

Maybe it's a good plan. and I suppose you can get the CFS Lite locally?
 
Maybe it's a good plan. and I suppose you can get the CFS Lite locally?
I am not taking the CFS lite - the printer has four spools to hold filament, so you are not so dependent on it loading via CFS. The CFS is a dry box, but not a filament dryer, I don't really see too much advantage in it. That being said, I don't own any CFS or equivalent, so maybe it really is awesome?
 
I am not taking the CFS lite - the printer has four spools to hold filament, so you are not so dependent on it loading via CFS. The CFS is a dry box, but not a filament dryer, I don't really see too much advantage in it. That being said, I don't own any CFS or equivalent, so maybe it really is awesome?
So I don’t need it for the multiple colour printing?
 
So I don’t need it for the multiple colour printing?
No, it's not required specifically for the purposes of multicolor printing..

It just adds automated filament management and detection like run out, jams etc.. Also detects filament type, colour remaining capacity if using creality RFID spools, which is automatically populated in your slicer..

Nice to have, not need to have..
 
No, it's not required specifically for the purposes of multicolor printing..

It just adds automated filament management and detection like run out, jams etc.. Also detects filament type, colour remaining capacity if using creality RFID spools, which is automatically populated in your slicer..

Nice to have, not need to have..
OK great, I think I’ll get the i8 from them.
 
Sold my Ender 3 V3 KE and got a Bambu P1S with AMS. No regrets, everything "just works™"
Hoping to get some high detailed models printed using PETG for the support interface.

I have the Creality K1C and was thinking to upgrade to the P1S, specifically for multi-color prints.

What is your opinion on Bambu after having a Creality before?
I've only been with Creality. (Ender 3 v1 previously)
 
Sold my Ender 3 V3 KE and got a Bambu P1S with AMS. No regrets, everything "just works™"
Hoping to get some high detailed models printed using PETG for the support interface.
I started recently with a V3 KE, and yes, there was some forced sessions of "know thy printer". I also took the Snapmaker U1 route and it is MUCH simpler, even though the machine is more complex. I still love my Ender, and have learned much more about 3d printing from it than I would have from the Snapmaker (or even maybe a Bambu). Keep on learning!
 
I started out with the ender 3 v1 and got a second one shortly after. One of them became a donor to keep the other going. I just got to the point where I don't have the time to troubleshoot or mod anymore. The V3 KE was great upgrade but I just want to load an stl, slice, and print. That's where the Bambu ecosystem is great. Everything is streamlined. Small things like being able to keep track of prints using the phone app and timelapse helps a lot. Creality is great if you like to tinker.
 
Selling my Prusa Mk4S as I don't use it anymore after getting the XL.
Anyone interested? I will include the Core One upgrade kit, haven't had a chance to fit it.

Edit: Comes with the MMU3
 
Last edited:
I have taken the gamble on the i8 on Indiegogo and paid less for it than my Ender 3 V3 KE cost me. I know that it might very well be risky, but on paper it is way better than the i7.

The crowdfunding marketing scheme is still ongoing, you can get it for USD309 + shipping of USD35. The super early bird offer was USD 289 plus shipping.

Tah. I was looking at a Ender 3, 2 weeks ago. Be gone the hateful XYZ Printers that can barely make a functional print when I need it.
 
OK great, I think I’ll get the i8 from them.
One thing to note is that it can't print tpu and other advanced material. It also can't print a mix of petg and Pla on the same part so multi material supports won't work. Looks like a great mashine for multi color pla and petg though.
 
I have the Creality K1C and was thinking to upgrade to the P1S, specifically for multi-color prints.

What is your opinion on Bambu after having a Creality before?
I've only been with Creality. (Ender 3 v1 previously)
K1 max at work and A1 mini at home.

K1 max is 3 years old and obviously used by many people but has not worked properly for like a year now.
Tried new hot end, got filament dryer etc and its still an issue
My Bambu is about 2 years old and has not been used nearly as much but iv had under 10 failed prints ever
the K1 max can produce lovely prints when its working but the mysterious break downs and always needing attention is a bummer.

Make of that what you will.
 
One thing to note is that it can't print tpu and other advanced material. It also can't print a mix of petg and Pla on the same part so multi material supports won't work. Looks like a great mashine for multi color pla and petg though.
Mmmm....ok let me read up on it a bit, i do like TPU printing.
 
I started out with the ender 3 v1 and got a second one shortly after. One of them became a donor to keep the other going. I just got to the point where I don't have the time to troubleshoot or mod anymore. The V3 KE was great upgrade but I just want to load an stl, slice, and print. That's where the Bambu ecosystem is great. Everything is streamlined. Small things like being able to keep track of prints using the phone app and timelapse helps a lot. Creality is great if you like to tinker.
I started out with an Anet A8 (Also known as the Anet Firestarter 8) maaany moons ago. I did so many mods to that machine it was not even funny. It was super fun ad even more frustrating sometimes. I later moved on to an Ender 6 which have been a solid workhorse, but it also got its fair share of modifications.

I now run a Snapmaker U1 alongside the Ender and bloody hell its just unfair. Even the manual bed leveling is easy. I spent a stupid amount of time leveling my bed with a piece of paper on the Anet and Ender. I was super happy to hit 20mm/s and thought damn thats fast, today we hit 300 - 500. Even just sending prints to the printer is easy. I did a multicolor tpu print yesterday and it took me longer to paint the model than anything else, and it just worked.

The AI fault detection is also pretty damn nice. I built something similar on the ender with a PS2 camera and a raspberry PI but it was never as effective as the new stuff. Ive printed my fair share of spaghetti in my life (I always wonder what the people collecting plastic think when they find my spaghetti afros).

My only issue ive had with the new machine is bed adhesion with PETG. Ive always hated PETG for that exact reason. Fortunately a few changes to temps and brim and the PETG is sticking like a cadre at a buffet.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X