Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part IV

1791703632589.png

Happy Gilmore 2 (2025)​

​

What an abomination. The acting is weak, the story is worse than a high school student's essay, and the jokes fall flat. Adam Sandler stuffed as many famous people into this rubbish as he could, and I don't understand why. Avoid at all costs. 2/10
 
View attachment 1944395

Happy Gilmore 2 (2025)​


​

What an abomination. The acting is weak, the story is worse than a high school student's essay, and the jokes fall flat. Adam Sandler stuffed as many famous people into this rubbish as he could, and I don't understand why. Avoid at all costs. 2/10

Didn't even know this movie existed till now but I'm guessing it's because Netflix was paying. The budget of this movie is crazy for a comedy - 150 million freaking dollars.

I used to dislike Adam Sandler movies (and by extension Adam Sandler) but he's just out there having fun, hiring his friends on someone else's dime. Nice work if you can get it.
 
Didn't even know this movie existed till now but I'm guessing it's because Netflix was paying. The budget of this movie is crazy for a comedy - 150 million freaking dollars.

I used to dislike Adam Sandler movies (and by extension Adam Sandler) but he's just out there having fun, hiring his friends on someone else's dime. Nice work if you can get it.
I've never disliked Sandler until this rubbish.
 
Colony (2026) 6.5 / 10
A decent zombie movie.

Fall 2 (2026) 5.5 / 10
Balancing on plank for an hour. Ground breaking.

Animals (2026) 5.5 / 10
Was hoping it would be more like The Accountant. Why does kidnapper have the Scream voice?
 
Last edited:
Matchbox Movie - 5.5/10. Jessica brought me to this movie. They certainly churning them out - generic forgettable nonsense with zero style or substance. 1 or 2 funny one line and that's it.
 
Fall 2: Deadpoint (2026) - 6/10 ... Knowing that most of you compared it to the first one, I sort of didn't and therefor gave it a slightly higher score than most ... Had some nail-biting moments and I enjoyed it.
 
Animals (2026) 6/10

Ben Affleck written, directed, produced & starred. Uneasy crime thriller. Starts off well enough with plenty of suspense. Gillian Anderson's character was a smart choice & a delight. Final act about-turn is a mixed bag.

1791713580864.png
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X