Counting down to 2010

feo

Honorary Master
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
13,722
Reaction score
109
Location
Pretoria, South Africa
Yesterday marked exactly three years before the first match of a FIFA World Cup finals is contested on African soil. The countdown to the 2010 FIFA World Cup got off to a bright start when FNB, the tournament’s first National Supporter, switched on a five-metre high Countdown Clock at the OR Tambo International Airport yesterday.

On 11 June 2010, South Africa’s national soccer team, Bafana Bafana, will get the 2010 FIFA World Cup under way in South Africa to mark 30 days of a feast of world class soccer on our soil.

The FNB Countdown Clock will remind every visitor to the airport of exactly how many days are left before South Africa hosts the greatest sporting event on the planet.

FNB will erect Countdown Clocks at all the official 2010 FIFA World Cup host cities around the country between now and August this year.

http://www.sagoodnews.co.za/countdown/957545.htm (Full Article)
 
Eish!!! 3 more years till the party starts, so flippen long. Have to book my tickets to durban right now, remember sitting in cockey pride last year watching the world cup soccer, even tho I don't like soccer, but I do like beer
 
Can't wait!

Now Barcelona might be playing here next week, I think we gonna see a lot of International teams in the run-up to the World Cup.:D
Yup, just like theres already 2 German national soccer players here in SA backing the WC. Construction is ahead of schedule in CT and I saw the Jhb stadium last night on TV and it's looking pretty good. Durbs' stadium is gonna be killer! Have you seen the recreation of it at night?! Great stuff.. http://www.skyscrapercity.com/ is down for upgrade/maintenance else I would've posted pics...;)
 
dude, create your own thread if want negativity. It's time we all got positive about something round here...;)
Hey I'm on your side... I'm just surprised that myKKK hasn't derailed your thread with negativism...

On a related note, I was out at Soccer City the other day, it is looking quite good.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X