Hi
I need some assistance please. I have a D-Link DSL 504T router and I am trying to setup a ftp server. I have a linux box and a winxp connected to the router using ip 192.168.1.10(xp) and 192.168.1.15(linux).
I have installed Serv-U on my xp box and everything works fine if I ftp on my local network but connections are refused if I try and come in via the routers internet ip. I have also setup port forwarding to the same box port 80 to access my webserver. Strange thing is that when I put the routers internet ip into my browser on my local network I am served my routers admin application. If I come in via another network I can't access anything.
I have tried just about every combination of settings. I currently have NAT and the firewall enabled for the connection and under advance settings, NAT and firewall settings are enabled and DMZ is disabled..
Port forwarding has been setup correctly.
Has anyone had the same problem as what I am experiecing with the same router or has someone got a solution for me.....
Thanks
Gizmo_
I need some assistance please. I have a D-Link DSL 504T router and I am trying to setup a ftp server. I have a linux box and a winxp connected to the router using ip 192.168.1.10(xp) and 192.168.1.15(linux).
I have installed Serv-U on my xp box and everything works fine if I ftp on my local network but connections are refused if I try and come in via the routers internet ip. I have also setup port forwarding to the same box port 80 to access my webserver. Strange thing is that when I put the routers internet ip into my browser on my local network I am served my routers admin application. If I come in via another network I can't access anything.
I have tried just about every combination of settings. I currently have NAT and the firewall enabled for the connection and under advance settings, NAT and firewall settings are enabled and DMZ is disabled..
Port forwarding has been setup correctly.
Has anyone had the same problem as what I am experiecing with the same router or has someone got a solution for me.....
Thanks
Gizmo_