Do you prefer working on a laptop or desktop PC?

Which form-factor PC do you prefer working at?

  • Desktop

    Votes: 78 61.4%
  • Laptop

    Votes: 43 33.9%
  • Workstation

    Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Playstation

    Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Tablet

    Votes: 1 0.8%

  • Total voters
    127
I prefer desktops generally as they are always faster than the price equivalent laptop.

Nevertheless laptops are usually the option because they are portable and have built in Eskom protection.

I agree. I see it every day (Desktop i3/i5/even i7 always faster than equivalent laptop). Unfortunately I'm "forced" to use a laptop in order to support clients during site visits or while on holiday. Even "higher end" laptops, while certainly quicker, can't seem to match desktop performance.
 
Laptop only for me, but there is a caveat. I only use a laptop with an external monitor which is raised above the laptop's primary screen. At home where I do the majority of my work, the monitor is in fact a 40" wall-mounted Telefunken LCD TV. Works a charm :)
 
I enjoy typing word documents using the PS4 controller and onscreen keyboard.
 
I enjoy typing word documents using the PS4 controller and onscreen keyboard.

It’s a must for contracts in excess of 100 pages.

No laptop or desktop could ever handle those.
 
PC with keyboard at a desk without a doubt imho.

+1, I don't really like laptops. Applied for one now only because I need to lug it with me for work, otherwise no.
 
In my company, a laptop is a status symbol. Here's people (power users) that actually needs a powerful desktop, because of the huge amount of data they pull into excel spreadsheets and Power pivots, via macros etc.
But no, they want a laptop and complain everyday about it being slow, while they have 10 excel spreadsheets/power pivots open.
 
Desktop. Everything remains plugged in. :p
 
Laptop, but plugged in to separate screen and keyboard when at my desk
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X