Good Speeds 11/09

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
5,729
Reaction score
92
Location
Underberg, KZN
Consistantly getting 580-590kbps on the Telkom speed test this afternoon around 5pm. I usually get about 480kbps.

512 ADSL with Telkom 3GB in Gillitts, KZN
 
Pretty good here aswell

Pretty good here aswell New germany 384 dsl cybersmart


* Download time: 10.734 seconds
* Size of file: 500 KiloBytes
* Estimated line speed: 380.1 (kilobits/second)
* Estimated line speed: 46.6 (kiloBytes/second)


cheers Dennis
 
Results:

Below is the data used to calculate your download speed:

* Download time: 4.657 seconds
* Size of file: 500 KiloBytes
* Estimated line speed: 876.1 (kilobits/second)
* Estimated line speed: 107.4 (kiloBytes/second)
 
You think that is lucky

I am on a 265kbps wireless connection with Uninet who peers with IS. I am constantly downloading at 60KB/s from news-europe.giganews.com

Someone messed up somewhere I guess.
 
Cybersmart, 384dsl:

Download time: 10.828 seconds
Size of file: 500 KiloBytes
Estimated line speed: 376.8 (kilobits/second)
Estimated line speed: 46.2 (kiloBytes/second)


International very slow though...?
 
I swear you guys work for telscum or something :( I get a measly 410kbps on 512 SAIX
 
Been checking again this morning and my speeds are still averaging 600kbps. But check the results out on this one test!

Results:

Below is the data used to calculate your download speed:

* Download time: 0.891 seconds
* Size of file: 500 KiloBytes
* Estimated line speed: 4579.1 (kilobits/second)
* Estimated line speed: 561.2 (kiloBytes/second)
 
Did the two with seconds of each other:
Telskum: 570kbps
Gamco: 460kbps

I didnt really think id suddenly been upgraded, was just pointing out the wierdness of the Telskum tests.
 
Did the two with seconds of each other:
Telskum: 570kbps
Gamco: 460kbps

I didnt really think id suddenly been upgraded, was just pointing out the wierdness of the Telskum tests.

weird indeed. maybe they're so unindated with requests for higher speed upgrades that they made their site show u that ur at a higher speed than ur actually on, so that u dont call and ask for an upgrade :p
 
Now Telskum and Iburst speedtests within seconds of each other:
Telskum: 564kbps
Ibust: 379kbps

Who is telling the truth?
 
Now Telskum and Iburst speedtests within seconds of each other:
Telskum: 564kbps
Ibust: 379kbps

Who is telling the truth?

my results are the other way around. telkom claims 2.2mbps while iburst claims 4mbps. /me wonders whats going on?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X