It seems Amazon.co.za is getting the same crazy markdowns as Amazon.com regularly gets?

airborne

Honorary Master
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
29,591
Reaction score
15,962
I noticed recently Amazon.co.za seems to be getting the same crazy deals as Amazon.com is renowned for.

I got some items recently for 80% off on Amazon.co.za and when it arrived it looked like very old stock - dusty and the packaging looking tatty but the contents were brand new and in perfect condition, there were also a few other items on similar markdown at the same time. Apparently Amazon does these crazy markdowns on stock that has stood for too long in their warehouses, so it's an automated thing once the stock goes past a certain age and it seems the same principle is being applied to their South African stock/warehouses. Those 4K Dell 27" monitors that sold for I think it was R2k vs R9k full price a while back, posted on the Hardware Bargains thread, was perhaps the same thing.

Has anyone else noticed this?
 
Last edited:
Stop revealing our hidden gems
I was thinking about not making a thread about it but you come across most of these deals by luck in any case and how much exposure is this thread really going to get to make an impact, those that know know.

Have you also noticed some insane deals on Amazon.co.za regarding older stock?
This instance was a first for me on Amazon.co.za but I have experienced it a few times on Amazon.com
 
I was thinking about not making a thread about it but you come across most of these deals by luck in any case and how much exposure is this thread really going to get to make an impact, those that know know.

Have you also noticed some insane deals on Amazon.co.za regarding older stock?
This instance was a first for me on Amazon.co.za but I have experienced it a few times on Amazon.com
They were selling the Weber grill I was looking for for half price. 4k off
 
Vague thread is vague
The thread is not about what gets marked down, that's always random but rather the fact that they get marked down so heavily and just like the other global Amazon websites, the US one particular.
 
They were selling the Weber grill I was looking for for half price. 4k off
It's like BF deals just not on BF, I can't say I have ever seen such deals on Takealot other than on their publicised sales.
 
After ordering a few of these deals I've noticed they are typically all very old stock(you can see the boxes are worn and marked) and the product page doesn't show that the item is marked down, it'll just be marked at a very low price. It seems Amazon is pulling old stock from their global warehouses that has already been marked down vs it being normal stock that had aged in Amazon's South African warehouses. Cool thing to do, I suppose they are using their massive amounts of old inventory in their existing markets to gets sales in places like South Africa which is a brand new market for them.
 
Yip. I have been looking for an iPad Pro deal for a year now. Been using my current one daily since 2017.

Got an M4 iPad pro 256 GB wifi+cellular for just under 18k. Box a bit dirty, but completely undamaged and still sealed. iPad in perfect shape. It was manufactured in 2024. That same iPad is for sale on Takealot for 27k right now. Anyway, I'm set iPad wise for the next decade.

They limited it to one iPad per person though. Deal was gone pretty quick.
 
you guys buying big things lol ... I saw omo 3L washing liquid for R70 and got excited
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X