Rinkhals
Senior Member
I have recently had the Telkom fibre-in-the-home installation and was surprised to see that the technician had installed a fibre modem and connected a wireless modem router to an ethernet port.
The wireless modem uses the telkom username and password to attach to the internet.
The old netgear DGN200 router has been dicarded and I want to use it as a range extender for the back of the house.
If I connect it up to the fibre modem through the ethernet port, will this allow me to access the 'net through the fibre modem? Do I need to set up the telkom username and password? or can I simply set it up to pass on the wireless connections it receives to the wireless router?
Cheers.
Dave
The wireless modem uses the telkom username and password to attach to the internet.
The old netgear DGN200 router has been dicarded and I want to use it as a range extender for the back of the house.
If I connect it up to the fibre modem through the ethernet port, will this allow me to access the 'net through the fibre modem? Do I need to set up the telkom username and password? or can I simply set it up to pass on the wireless connections it receives to the wireless router?
Cheers.
Dave